36

Y/N POV:

I couldn't tell how long I had been sitting in the room in Mi-suk's house, but I knew by now that Jimin would know I wasn't coming home.  How long would he wait before he decided to contact someone?  Would he just assume that I was working late like I had done before?  Or would he realize that something was wrong when I didn't text him back?  Would he take the risk of going to the school to look for me?  Would he know to talk to Aera, the woman I had become close with?  There were so many questions running through my head and I didn't know the answer to any of them.

Twisting my wrists back and forth, I tried to get out of the zip ties, but I only succeeded in slicing through the skin on my wrists.  I could feel the blood start to drip down and when I looked at the pretty pale carpet in Mi-suk's house, I felt a strange sense of self-satisfaction knowing it would take more than just soap and water to get my blood off her pretty carpet, that there would be a little reminder of just how crazy she was. 

As I sat there, I thought about how things had gone this afternoon.  When she had threatened to kill Aera, I should have hurried out of that alley and gone straight to the police, but at the moment, fear overtook everything else.  I had made a stupid mistake and I realized that, but I didn't know what else to do, how else to fix it.  Right now, my only hope was that the credit card company had flagged the purchase and called Jimin, but as I thought about that, my heart sunk.  What if he thought I was leaving him? 

I tried to push that thought from my head.  Jimin knew I loved him, loved him with everything I had.  I would never leave him like this and I really hoped he knew that, trusted in me, believed in me.  Knowing that worrying about Jimin thinking I was leaving him wasn't helpful, I continued to try and twist the zip ties off my wrists, biting my tongue to prevent the cries of pain that were trying to escape my lips, ones that would alert Mi-suk that something was wrong, would bring the crazy woman back in here.  As long as she was somewhere else, I was safe for the moment.

A sudden banging from somewhere inside the house caught my attention, along with shouts.  The door slammed open and Mi-suk came rushing into the room, her eyes filled with panic and fury.  "What did you do?  How did they find me?"  Mi-suk hurried over to me, a pair of scissors in hand and snipped the zip ties off.  She grabbed me by wrists and yanked me up from the chair, pointing the scissors at my face.  "Don't move."

Unsure of what to do, I stayed still, my eyes on the scissors.  The door opened again and a uniformed officer stepped in.  "Kim Mi-suk?  Drop the weapon.  It's all over now."

Mi-suk tightened her grip on my wrist, her eyes filled with anger.  "No!  She stole Jimin from me!  She stole him from me!"  The crazed tone in her voice made me even more nervous, but with the scissors pointed at my face, I didn't want to move.

The officer pulled out his own weapon from his belt.  "Drop the weapon.  You don't want to do this."

Mi-suk shook her head, but I could see the way the scissors shook.  I knew this was not what she was expecting, that she would be putting her life on the line to get me away from Jimin.  No sane person would be willing to do that. 

"Drop them.  Now!"  The officer's voice, which was calm before, snapped out, startling Mi-suk.  The scissors fell from her hand and I pushed away from her.  The officer rushed towards her, grabbing her wrists and snapping silver cuffs on them. 

As he led her from the room, Mi-suk turned to me.  Tears were streaming down her face and for an instant, I felt pity for the woman in front of me, the woman who had gone to such crazy lengths to get close to her idol.  "I just wanted Jimin."

The officer tugged on her, pulling her from the room.  As soon as they left, two other officers rushed in.  One stopped in front of me.  "I'm Officer Geum and this Officer Roh.  Are you alright?"