XX

Good Morning Followers, In New York thanksgiving, is more than just a day to plan seating charts and double-check that New York Times recipe and embrace family arguments thanksgiving is also the favorite holiday of yours truly. It's a time to be grateful for what matters and this year I'm most grateful for you, for your secrets, your lies, and all the tips you've given me, so enjoy the trip to fan and relax. 

"Cat!" my door swung open and light-flooded my room 

"What could be so important that you have to wake me up," I groaned rolling over and looking at my dad who had a huge smile on his face 

"well you do have school," He said cheerfully 

"Ugh, why can't I  be out of school?" 

"Looking forward relaxing huh," My dad asked 

"Dad, I have to go to Audrey's and help cook, we're having dinner there remember? no relaxing for me" I climbed out of my bed and opened the curtains exposing the beautiful view of the upper east side 

"Oh I forgot" he sighed "what are you going to be making me eat?" 

"I don't know, it's up to Audrey, I expect it will be a turkey since it's Thanksgiving, you know?" He laughed and nodded before walking out of my room. I loved Thanksgiving, it had always been my favorite holiday because I shared it with my best friend, the one and the only Jamie Bass. She had been in California for a bit but now she was back and coming to thanksgiving dinner with us. 

We had become friends when we realized that we were the only two in school descended from the original people who reigned the upper east side. Sure Blair and Chuck were much more important on the old gossip girl than Carter Baizen but he did date Serena Vanderwoodsen and he was mentioned on GG many times. Even though my father and her parents didn't get along, they didn't stop us from being friends and Jamie's mom was almost like a mom to me.  

I was putting my outfit on when my phone started buzzing. Jamie. "Happy Thanksgiving!" I squealed into the phone 

"It's so good to be back," she said  "I feel like I haven't seen everyone in so long even though it's only been about a year"

"Right? It feels much longer. I'm actually surprised Audrey is letting us all come to dinner, she wanted it to be a small gathering" 

"So, how has Max been?" she asked, my stomach dropped, I hadn't told her that we were together and I didn't know how she would take it, she used to be in love with Max and I don't know how she feels now 

"Well, umm, he's good, I guess," I told her in a very high pitched voice 

"Relax Cat, I've read GG, I know you're dating and honestly I don't mind" 

"Are you sure? I know you liked him a lot" 

"I'm positive" she insisted "besides, I met someone else in Cali"

"Ooh tell me all about him" I grinned 

"I'll tell you at school, my mom is making me eat breakfast, she always orders some sort of pastries"

"I know" I laughed "I'll talk to you later"

"Bye!." I put my phone down. I was glad that she hadn't screamed at me, I thought we were about to have a Blair and Serena situation or something. I put my school outfit on and walked downstairs to grab a yogurt parfait before starting my walk to Constance. 

I wondered how it would feel for JC to see Zoya and Obie. She had told me all about how she hooked up with Obie and how she felt horrible about it. As for Audrey and Aki, I think that they are in a good place, I don't want to be nosy and ask though.