XXVIII

Sooner or later, we all go to war, and when that begins it's only natural for our defenses to go up, especially when we find ourselves under fire. I don't know about you but I love the smell of facepalm in the morning and what can you do when the enemy has you backed into the corner? Call in support?  Rally the troops?  But remember there's nothing quite like a sneak attack, whatever your defensive strategy may be just know that I'm here to give the blow-by-blow. Because at the end of the day, it's kill or be canceled. 

I stopped reading the most recent GG post and put my phone down, I felt terrible for Jules I could never imagine such a scandal. "So what's going on with you and Max after the whole thanksgiving scandal?" Monet asked 

"Pretty much nothing," I told them "he texted me yesterday but I didn't engage I just need space" 

"I would never forgive any of them for what they did," Monet said ", especially Audrey, she was your best friend" 

"The best friend and the boyfriend" I laughed "it's so cliche" 

"There's Jules" Luna pointed, I couldn't believe she was here I thought she would be in hiding for at least a little longer 

"Jules?" Obie asked 

"Why does everyone look so surprised?" she laughed 

"We just thought you would be gone longer," I told her I was ready for a response when a tall slender guy walked up the steps to the school. He had messy and wavy dark brown hair and he walked with his head down. I don't think I had ever seen him before, just then he looked up and we made eye contact, I quickly turned away but I was able to see what eye color he had, it was light green and it was quite beautiful. 

"Cat" Luna elbowed me and then I realized that at least 30 students were taking photos of my group, probably to post on their Instagram story with some caption relating to the scandal with Jules and her dad 

"Alright doesn't everyone have something better to do with their fucking lives, did you all pick paparazzi as your career choice because it's the McDonalds of the upper east side, screw off all of you before I have you scraping the gum off from under the bleachers which by the way I can do as student president" the student's scattered away once I finished my rant 

"Someone has a lot of pent-up feelings" Aki joked, I glared at him and he looked away, I knew he was really struggling right now but it didn't make me feel any better about what he did, in fact, Max, Audrey, and Aki were all having a super hard time but I wasn't about to make excuses for them. 

"Who are they?" Jamie asked walking up to our group and pointing at the Humphrey twins walking up the steps

"Ugh, I met them yesterday" I rolled my eyes "you all remember the stories of Jenny Humphrey right?" everyone nodded and looked slightly disgusted "welp those are her offspring" 

"There's no way" Audrey sneered "There is no way she is back, wasn't she supposed to fall off the face of the earth after your mom banned her Jamie?"

"Yeah, that's what was supposed to happen" Jamie scoffed "They really have the nerve to show up here? Maybe they are innocent but I really don't care, it's going to be a shit show" 

"I heard a rumor that the Archibalds are back in town as well," Jules said "Their son is supposed to be our age and should be attending this school"

I thought back to the boy I had seen earlier, was it possible? "I think he's already here," I told them "I saw a new boy walk up the steps just a few minutes ago and he was quite pretty" 

"The Humphreys, Waldorfs, Baizens, Sparks, and Archibalds all back together?" Aki laughed "I guess the Vander-Woodsens are all that are missing"

"This school is truly going back in time," Luna said 

"Well I'm going to class," I told them 

"Keep an eye out for that Archibald boy" Jamie laughed "who knows we could have another Chuck and Blair" situation. I walked towards English when none other than the possible Archibald walked up to me and started speaking, he didn't even introduce himself.

"You're Carter Baizen's daughter, right? I've heard a lot about you from GG although it is just gossip. GG tends to be right 90% of the time though" 

"Uhm, who are you?" I asked 

"You don't know my name?" he said pretending to act offended "I know yours and most people on the Upper East Side tend to know my name" 

"You're quite humble," I told him sarcastically "would you like to just tell me your name instead of going for that mysterious boy act that was definitely born from reading too many Draco Malfoy fan fics, it's not exactly original" 

He laughed and stuck out his hand "I'm Adam, Adam Stonewell. I took my mother's name" 

"Well if you don't mind my asking what's your father's last name?" 

"Now if I told you that you'd start treating me differently," he told me 

"How's that," I asked 

"You'd probably give me more respect, after all my father is quite famous around here although not with your father" he stepped in front of me "I don't think your father would be happy that you're standing here talking to me considering how their last meet up went." 

"You're the Archibald boy aren't you," I said shortly "that would explain your ego"

"Ding ding ding" he grinned "want to take back the Draco comment now?" 

"Not really" I tried to move around him but I couldn't "please move, I have to get to class"

"As you wish" he smirked, "catch you later." I rolled my eyes and walked into class, I already didn't like his attitude, most girls would probably find it rather charming but to me, it was just annoying. 

Horribly annoying.