XXIII

"I heard what happened," Monet said softly "I'm so sorry, I can't believe Audrey and Aki would do such a thing, no, actually I can't believe Aki would do such a thing, Audrey is kind of a snake in the grass" 

"I guess I never realized it before" I groaned taking a sip of my coffee "if she had just told me she liked him-"

"What? you would have dumped Max so that she could have him?" Luna furrowed her eyebrows "we all know that you're like the nicest person in that group but like, not that nice" 

"What they all did was bitchy and you didn't deserve it, especially after Max promised he would never hurt you again. They all must be fucked in the head" Jamie spat glaring at Audrey who seemed to be convincing Julien not to do something 

I laughed a little "I just wish they had all been honest with me, it's like I told Julien if someone just tells the truth it hurts less in the end"

"Speak of the Devil" Monet mumbled, I looked up and saw Julien and Audrey approaching with coffee and pastries. Julien held a coffee out to Monet "no thank you I'm off salmon, Luna told me you have an apology prepared" 

"Not an apology but an explanation for my behavior," Julien said 

"I could use one from Audrey" I mumbled under my breath, Luna sniggered and Audrey shifted uncomfortably 

"This isn't couples counseling" Monet spat "you're either sorry that you gave up on yourself by handing over all of your power of buffalo exchange or you're ready to take back what is rightfully yours by toasting the knife that you already plunged in her back, ending her, once and for all" 

"I miss you bitch" Julien said simply 

"That's it?" Monet scoffed

"That's it"

"I'll think about it" she grabbed her purse and left the table walking into the school. I stood up and was about to walk away when I turned to Audrey 

"There's a difference between Monet and me," I told her "she may be willing to forgive Julien but I sure as hell won't forgive you" I followed Monet quickly, she was headed to the bathroom. Jamie followed me as well shoving Audrey out of the way. When we got to the bathroom Monet quickly spun around 

"I have an idea and I need you to be on board otherwise I have to get back to JC" she rolled her eyes "The crown isn't rightfully Julien's, it's rightfully yours. GG said so weeks ago when you started dating Max"

"You want me to take the crown?" I asked 

"Julien has had her seat on the throne for as long as I can remember and now she's ruining it, we need someone who isn't afraid to put people in their place" 

"Come on Cat, you'd be perfect" Jamie added "I'll help you, my mom used to be the queen of Constance and I know exactly how you can reign for as long as you want" 

"You'd be hurting Audrey in the process," Monet said in a sing-song voice 

"I'm in," I told them, both of their smiles grew very wide 

"There's something we need to bring back," Jamie said "it's something my mom would do at the beginning of each year, we have to pick the people who will do anything you want, from fetching coffee to ruining someone's dress on the night of a huge dance" at that moment our phones chimed and of course GG had posted 

Good Morning followers, trigger warning, this post will not be pretty. While I usually like to have fun, this is no time for frivolity and while this is as of yet unsubstantiated I cannot turn a blind eye to this blind item. It appears a father to one of Constance's most influential students is being accused of something very serious. We've always known this dad as dry but he might have some bottle hidden in his closet one of them allegedly used to ease a woman into a level of consent she had no intention of providing. Being that I'm breaking this news I can't share anything further as to not risk my credibility. All I know is that there is a woman out there whose story should be heard. If she chooses to talk we all must listen.

"Oh my god" I rushed out of the bathroom to find Julien "Jules" I spotted her rushing towards the door, she grabbed my arm and we hurried towards a cab. Audrey was there too but it wasn't time to think about me, I had to help Julien. We quickly climbed into the cab and set off towards her apartment. 

When we got to her apartment we rushed inside "Dad, Dad," Julien called as we looked for Davis 

"Try calling again," I told her 

"I've tried but it's going straight to voicemail which is full" she cried, her voice was cracking, we rushed into the studio room and her dad sat there with a tired look upon his face. 

"We'll give you two some space," Audrey said closing the door. Now we were just standing in the hallway together in silence 

"Cat," she began

"I don't want to hear it" I snapped as I started to walk away "I'm not here to be friends with you I'm here because Julien is going through something really rough and I-"

"Please just let me explain to you why I did it" she groaned "please"

"Fine" I crossed my arms and waited for an explanation 

"You see, I did it because I was confused. I didn't know who I wanted and I really wanted both of them-"

"God, you are so selfish," I told her "you really wanted both of them? what the fuck is wrong with you"

"Cat"

"No I'm done listening" I held my hand up and walked into the kitchen to get my phone, I knew Jules was having a rough time but I decided to get some fresh air, I couldn't stand being in the same room as Audrey.

👑

"Are you sure you're up to this?" my dad asked as I put my heels on. I was going to the Calloway anniversary party for Davis 

"Yeah, I'm sure," I told him "I just hope Max won't be there"

"That's sort of a pipe dream," he said 

"Yeah, I know, I gotta go though I'm already a bit late, love you" I entered the elevator and made my way to the lobby.

When I got to the party, many people were outside chanting "Cancel Calloway" I couldn't imagine how Julien was feeling. I walked in and rolled my eyes Julien and Zoya were already fighting 

"I know him better than you" Julien was saying, was she talking about Davis or Obie? it really could be either at this point "how are you so sure he's such a monster?" ok so Davis 

"What he did to mom?" Zoya shouted, "to my dad, to us?" 

"He got sober Z" Nick reminded her "he might not have been entirely clear back then"

"How do you know?" Zoya asked 

"I have to go to the bathroom" I announced, I had forgotten to go before I left. I turned around and bumped straight into someone "I'm so sor-" it was a girl with long brown hair who was on Max's arm "of course" I scoffed "hasn't even been two days" 

"Cat," Max called after me but I just kept walking, I was over this feeling of betrayal and I was just angry. I needed to get them back somehow and it needed to be soon.