XXVII

Look alive followers, it's a new day and I for one woke up in a good mood. I spotted something new at the train station this morning by the name of  Adam Stonewell. It looks like the St.Jude lions are getting someone new in their den. Because of this occasion how about, we play a game, two truths, and a lie. One, you have control over the things that matter in your life. Two, the world is generally a forgiving place. Three no matter what, in the end, the truth will set you free. The truth? I cheated cause they're all lies, the truth is, there is no such thing as truth. There's what you believe, what I perceive, and what history remembers. Everything else, a mystery, the grey area, a drawn game. And perhaps no one knows the truth about the truth more than Tribecca's least wanted. Last seen supporting daddy DJ's big night out our influencer remains notably silent in the face of her father's grey area perhaps she's more complicit than we think because if she is taking a stand, it's to plead the 5th. But you can only stay undecided for so long before history decides for you whether you like it or not.  As far as you're concerned, I'm history, the record, your karma. So true believers, naysayers, and everyone in between watch this space, you may not like what I have to say but karma's that bitch and so am I. 

"I feel so bad for her," Jamie said while looking at Gossip Girl "she doesn't deserve to be treated this way for something her father did"

"I know" I sighed "I wish there was something we could do about it." We walked into school and headed to our lockers before getting ambushed by Luna, Monet, Obie, and Aki.

"It's been days and still no posts," Luna said aggressively "have you heard from JC?"

"Didn't you all crash at Zoya's?" Aki asked, I wanted to slap him but now wasn't the time for violence so instead I just ignored him 

"I haven't heard from her since yesterday," I told Luna and Monet, "she said she needed to get out of the apartment, Zoya offered to let me stay at her house but because of my current situation with Audrey I declined the invite."

"I don't blame you" Monet scoffed peering into the courtyard "there she is now" 

"I guess we'd better see what's going on" I sighed heavily and walked forward with the rest of my friends 

"Hi, hello, hello, hello," Audrey said tiredly as we walked up to her "ok, so Julien is fine, she appreciates everyone reaching out but she just needs a minute right now" 

"A minute to do what?" Luna shook her head 

"Absolutely nothing, her lawyer said she needs to cut it out. No posts, no interviews, not even school" 

"If she stays silent any longer, people are going to believe that she was in on this daddy drama" Monet spat "this is ridiculous" 

"Everyone already thinks that" I sighed "it's too late, some people were too busy caring about other things and they didn't give JC the support she needed when she needed it. Even a day late was too much, I guess fucking people takes up a lot of time" I glared at Audrey, she didn't know what to say, no one did. 

"Ok well Julien needs her support system right now" Audrey sighed breaking the silence "not spin doctors, consider her off-grid until further notice."

"Right cause we should all listen to you when it comes to giving someone support huh?" I snapped picking up my Chanel handbag just as the bell rang "good luck with that"

"Cat, she's not worth it" Monet huffed "let's go" she took my arm and led me out o the courtyard away from our friends and from Audrey, we walked up the steps and rounded the corner when I looked up into a familiar set of crystal blue eyes 

"Cat," Max said sounding surprised "you're here"

"We have school," I told him blandly "where else would I be?" 

"I just assumed-"

"What?" I snapped "that I'd stay home crying and whining over you? don't flatter yourself Max" I bumped into his shoulder as I walked away. Of course, I would rather be home crying but I couldn't let Audrey, Aki, and Max know that it had gotten to me so much. 

After school, I was sitting at Balthazar, one of my favorite French restaurants when I got a text from Max. 

M: I just got home to find my dad with some new man, I know that I've done this before and that I don't deserve your comfort but I could really use it right now

I rolled my eyes and thought of what to say next. I knew that this was a really sensitive topic for Max and that he often got extremely sad about it but at the moment I just couldn't make myself forgive him 

C: sucks, I guess now you know what betrayal feels like

I set down my phone and ate one of my french fries, I know it was a mean thing to say but honestly hooking up with my best friend was unforgivable. I was about to take a sip of my water when a girl and a guy around my age walked in. The girl had strawberry blonde hair and the boy had dirty blonde hair. I instantly recognized them from a GG post a few days ago. Jake and Callie Humphrey, offspring of the infamous Little J. I quickly stood up and walked over to introduce myself. 

"The Humphrey's right?" I asked sticking my hand out for the girl and boy to shake "I've heard so much about you" 

"And who are you?" Callie asked raising an eyebrow and looking me up and down 

"Catherine Baizen" I smiled "but I go by Cat for short" 

"As in Carter Baizen?" Jake asked "I suppose we could say we've heard a lot about your dad, although not necessarily good things" I narrowed my eyes at the twins, I couldn't believe they had the nerve to talk to me like that 

"Well people change and I've heard a lot of things about your mother, not great things I will say," I told them crossing my arms "where do you plan on going to school?" 

"Where everyone on GG goes of course," Callie said "after all, we are considered Elite, I couldn't say the same for your stoner father" 

I laughed a little "Your mother, Jenny, wasn't she kicked out of New York by the original duo? Blair and Serena? I wonder how the Bass-Waldorf family will feel once they realize your skank of a mother is back? After all, Chuck and Blair's daughter is my best friend and word travels fast. Enjoy your first few days" I gave them a fake smile "while you can" 

"Bitch" I heard Callie mumble as I walked away, I couldn't wait to tell Jamie and her family the news, Little J was back and brought her children, they were as good as dead meat in Constance and S.T Judes.