XXIX

"I heard Archibald is going out for the team," Audrey said taking a seat next to Jules and me in the bleachers. We were watching the basketball game and cheering Aki and Obie on 

"Tryouts already happened, better luck next year," I said watching as Aki made a point, I had decided to try and stay civil with Audrey for Julien's sake, she was going through so much and she didn't need to try and fix my friendship with Audrey on top of everything

"He's an Archibald," Audrey said, "he can get whatever he wants, so has no one seen Max today" 

"He wasn't in Russian" Luna told her as she and Monet took their seats 

"Or comparative race and ethnicity" Monet added 

"He skips class now and then," I said flatly 

"Yeah but I usually know why" Audrey sighed looking worried 

"Maybe you are why" I snapped, Luna nudged me and shook her head, I was trying my best, I really was but Audrey was acting as if nothing had happened 

"Woah," Monet said suddenly, I looked towards the court and notice obie having an argument with a guy from the other team "what's going on"

The two girls sitting in front of us turned to each other "have we been sleeping on Aki?" the blond asked 

"Yes," Audrey told them leaning forward "but from the look of those deep-set bags, not enough" she leaned back just as Obie finished arguing with the guy on the other team "Max would have loved that"

"Cat" Julien turned to me "Maybe you should call Max, get him here" 

"Oh, I don't know" I sighed "I'm not sure I want to" I knew that Audrey would probably never let me have Max fully so maybe I just needed to move on and fall for Adam's weird charm shit or I needed to do what Monet had been planning for me to do, I needed to take Julien's crown.

"Hey, where's Jamie?" Monet asked "I would think that she would be here"

"Actually she's at the Archibalds," I told Monet "the two families are catching up now that they've both moved back to town."

"Why weren't you invited?" she tilted her head to the side "you've been best friends with Jamie for so many years"

"I think you forget Nate Archibald and Carter Baizen did not end on good terms" I laughed "I'm sure the Archibald's want nothing to do with my family"

"That's too bad, Adam is pretty hot and you're newly single"

"I don't even want to think about it" I huffed "I plan on staying single for a while." Truthfully I had had about enough of Max for now and I needed a big break but I loved him and I knew I wouldn't be able to stay away for long.

About thirty minutes later the game was ending and everyone stood up to leave when all of our phones chimed. That could only mean one thing, GossipGirl

Uh oh JC, your friends at JulienCallowayUpdates discovered some tracks you tried to cover up. Not a good look. As the saying goes, those who forget the past are doomed to have it retweeted.

"Let's get out of here" Audrey urged us, we all started grabbing our bags quickly knowing that people could start attacking Jules any minute. Just as I thought, the people in the stands started booing as we passed.

I pulled out my phone and called Jamie. I knew it was extraordinarily selfish but Juliens downfall was only days away and now would be the perfect chance to take over as queen of Constance and I needed her opinion. 

"Jamie?" I asked when she picked up the phone "we need to talk, I want to do something but I'm not sure if it's a good idea" 

"Well, what is it?"