Chapter 8

We sit at the dinner table in silence. I can see the Carter family exchange different looks. One is between Mr and Mrs. Carter, glancing at each other then would give a small look to Duncan. They're surprised and disappointed, probably expecting Duncan to have been more mature than that. The other is from Duncan. He's super confused, and has no idea what the heck is happening. Suddenly he speaks.

"Did someone die?" He asks.
"No sweetie." His mom says, not even looking up from her plate. It gets awkward again and soon his dad speaks.
"So son, how are things with you and Courtney?"
"I don't know, we broke up." He says and shrugs his shoulders. He looks towards me and smiles, like he's some hero.
"Your an idiot." I whisper to him.
"Yeah but I'm your idiot."
"We are not a thing."
"You weren't saying that after Art."
"You kissed me."
"You still kissed me back." He whispered and I looked away from him. I look at the pictures on his wall of all his cousins. Since Duncan was an only child, he spent most of his time with me and Seth or his cousins. I didn't know them that well, because he didn't really like them. They were all goody two shoes and always happy. Except one, Matthew.

Matthew was different than the rest. He used to live with Duncan when we were ten and he was my first crush. He was funny, hot, shy, artistic. Sure he was five years older than Duncan and I, but never the less, he still gave me butterflies in my stomach. Of course back then there was no dad at war or mom wasn't working three jobs. I was a happy child and so was Duncan.

Actually this goth me only happened when dad went to Afghanistan to fight for our country. I became super sad and began to dye my hair and dress differently. My type of music changed and nothing seemed to matter anymore. I didn't know why Duncan went all punk though, he gets everything he wants. He's a spoiled brat that acts all tough. Of course how many kids are like that? I basically pick at my food and soon everyone finishes. Mr and Mrs. Carter excuse themselves from the table and soon after Duncan and I get out plates and go to the sink. I slid my extra food into the trash and placed the plate and silverware into the sink. I go back to the barstools and as soon as I'm about to sit in them, Duncan hugs me from behind.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He murmurs to me quietly and kisses my neck. I literally lose balance and he catches me.
"You alright Pasty?" He asks me.
"Yeah, I just need to lay down." I say and he smirks.
"Then how about with me?"
"You know this was completely romantic until you opened your mouth."
"You weren't complaining about my mouth when you kissed me."
"YOY KISSED ME IDIOT!" I tell to loudly and his parents hear. He chuckles and picks me up, just like they do at weddings. He smiles at me and carries me to the couch and drops me on the red sofa.

"I'll kiss you again." He murmurs and I can feel the heat from my skin. He gets on top of me, out body heat connecting. It's mostly a cuddle and soon he kisses my neck and I moan.
"Don't want me to stop Pasty?" He asks.
"I don't know anymore. Part of me says yes and another's says no."
"Well don't worry, I only have eyes for you." He whispers and I smile. I try to stop it, but the force of my happiness was to strong. I had this big dumb smile on my face and Duncan was just on top of me chuckling.

"So what happens at school tomorrow?" I ask him.
"Let's just see how things go."
"So you don't want to date?" I ask, a little disappointed.
"It would be complicated." He whispered and I looked away. After a few minuets I fell asleep, not knowing of what the events of tomorrow.