Chapter 1: Regret

(SCOTT'S POV)

Mission complete. I return to normal and look around the office. Vincent is in the corner, laying limp, dead. The tablet (monitor) is on the floor. When I walked in, he must have been so scared that he dropped it. Freddy is on the ground, broken. And as for me? I'm holding a bloody knife. I remember everything. I scared the living shit out of Chica. I picked up Freddy and smashed him on the ground. I stabbed Vince. Both doors are open. I also recall shredding the door breaker panel. So the doors were useless. I was going insane. I did all of this. What happened to me? I became a killer! I don't even feel sorry about killing Vincent. I should have. I was changed. Not for better but for worse. I hear clanking footsteps. From the west hall. All these mixed emotions! I tried to feel sorry for what I did, I was angry at myself for doing it, and depressed because I remember doing it. The footsteps were getting closer. FAST. But I did nothing. I dropped the knife, and drooped my head in shame.

"Why did I do this?!" I yell to myself. "I overreacted! Now someone is dead!" I was in tears. I went over to Vince's body. "I'm sorry... I didn't have control... That... It wasn't me..." The footsteps stopped and I hear a screech.

"Time to walk the plank, lad!!" I hear a voice. I look up and it's Foxy, about to tear me limb from limb with his hook. If I was lucky he would only stuff me into a Freddy suit.

"Go ahead." I grumbled. "End me. I deserve it." I was oblivious to the very meaning of death. I just wanted it. I couldn't handle it. Foxy started to wind up. He was in position to pounce.

"Yes... Finally..." I get on my knees. He jumps. "Do it!" I whisper has he dove at me. I am prepared to die. I close my eyes before he reaches me. I wait for a few moments. Savouring the acknowledgement. But I feel nothing. A razor sharp hook couldn't be painless. I should be on my back, bleeding out. I decide to open my eyes. What was taking so long.

"Live on, Scott..." I hear a faint voice before I understand what I see in front of me. I see Mike's ghost, holding Foxy back. He is looking at me. He overpowers Foxy and sends him to the ground. "Go pick on someone your own size." Mike smiles, and disappears inside Foxy. I now hear two voices. Mike's, and a child's. Then, Foxy walks out of the office, down to Pirate's Cove. I break down into tears. Mike reappeared in front of me.

"Scott!" He started to cry as well. "Don't end it now! You have so much to live for!" I can't believe it. How did he stop Foxy? "I know what you're thinking." He continued. "In fact, I can read your mind! Why did I stop Foxy? Because I care for you. (BROMANCE -HAPPY TEARS COMMENCE-) I want to see you alive. You can't die on me. I won't let you."

"How did you stop Foxy?" I ask.

"You know about the missing children incident, right?" Mike seems to change the subject.

"Not exactly."

"As it turns out, Vincent was responsible for killing 5 kids. Afterwards, he stuffed their bodies inside the suits. Their souls possess the animatronics. I was able to bargain with the child's soul in control of Foxy, and convinced him to let you live."

"You heard me wish for death!" I yell. "Why did you stop me from ending my pain once and for all?!" I am in tears again. He should have let me die.

"Scott... You can reverse this! You can turn this from agony, to achievement! You can overcome it. I know you can. Believe with me Scott."

"But I'm a killer... I'm just some twisted, psycho, murderer!"

"You don't want to disappoint your best friend, now do you Scott?"

"N-No..."

"Then get your lousy butt off the floor, and move on!" Mike just yelled at me. But, it helped. I didn't want to be in this office any longer. I took off my hat, and threw it on the ground.

"Mike." I said excitedly. "I quit."

"That's the Scott I know. I'll never leave your side. I will be with you whenever you're in trouble. Never forget me. Since I'm a spirit, I have to pass on."

"What?!" I yelled. "But you said you'd be with me all the time!"

"A ghost exists when someone dies, but has unfinished business on earth. I have just finished this task. I have made sure you will move on with your life. I have protected you, and assured you of my presence. Now that means goodbye."

"Goodbye, Mike..." I sob. He disappears, and I head home.