Religon Time says the Traumitized Tommy

Tommy had always been a religious man. It wasn't that he was born into it but rather he found himself in it. He supposes that's why it hurt so much to be unable to go to the church during exile. To never get enough materials to carve endless patterns of connecting lines into quartz and marble.

He made the church of prime with his bare hands every tile and brick laid by his scarred and calloused hands. A primeaden at heart but a solider in mind. Hours spent sitting in the pews of the church staring up at the carefully carved statue with the small nick on Prime's right ear from when Wilbur had come in shouting about how he couldn't have his right hand man busy while they were at war. Tommy had shaken off millions of comments about such things. To Wilbur, L'Manberg was his symphony, his child, his very life. To Tommy while important L'Manberg could never hold the place in his heart that was held by the church.

Exile had finally ended. L'Manberg was destroyed now only a crater and as he tries desperately to ignore the sounds of lingering explosions only meaning that Dream intends to keep his promise and turn what was once a bustling nation into a chunk error. A piece of hair falls out of his ponytail and he pauses slightly and sweeps it behind his ear with a single hand and walks through the large ornate doors of the church. He smiles up once again at the statue of Prime. The familiar soft smile, the arms outreached as if to gift something to those below, and most importantly the small nick on her right ear.

He can't take it and falls to his knees before her. He cries. Tears fall from his cheeks and down to the ground and Tommy swears he could flood the whole world if he had the time but he doesn't. He wipes his tears away and pulls off his bracelet.

A bright green and white weaved bracelet with small pearls sewn into the pattern. Dream had once insisted that since they were best friends they should have friendship bracelets and had sat Tommy down and carefully taught him how to weave such braclets. Tommy had then spent days carefully crafting a pair of bracelets going so far as to dive into the chilling sea and harvest pearls to make the bracelets looks better.

He had gifted it to Dream as soon as it was done. A red white and gold bracelet with small clay charms and pearls spread throughout. Dream had smiled, though the mask covered it, and Tommy finally felt warm. He showed Dream his matching bracelet and two weeks later Tommy stood upon a tower. He reached for the sky, gave a prayer, and then leaned back.

He felt the air rush around him and kept his eyes to the sky uncaring for what would happen. He is surprised when he hits water. Cold rushes around him and he smiles slightly at the fact that goddess Prime still wants him. Still considers him hers.

He drops the bracelet into the small offering bowl below the statue and he watches as it lands making a small tink as the pearls hit the empty metal bowl and he sees sparks one second and the next the offering bowl is on fire. Tommy watches as the fire dies and the bracelet is gone. Tommy smiles again and gives a bow to his goddess and turns to leave.

He finally did it. He cut all ties to dream, threw away the a handmade gift that was to match another. Gave his goddess a promise to never again have a bond with that monster.

He walks through the threshold, takes a moment to dip his fingers in the holy fountain and make a small x on his forehead to clear his thoughts. He leaves the church and moves on. He will be back again come tomorrow, carefully working to add on and finish the church. To invite others and allow them a place to feel as free as he does when gazed upon by his goddess.

He feels something fall and hit his head and looks down to see a bracelet. It is purple in color with small star and planet charms. Pearls sewn in between the stitches decorate it, and Tommy picks it up off the ground. A small note is attached to it. Tommy looks at the note. Golden calligraphy loop around the page, 'one bond may be given and a bond shall be gifted in exchange. For my loyalist of followers I gift you a hint towards a turning point. May the stars light the way and may the tides lend you strength on your journey. - Prime'. Tommy sighs not out of disappoint or of anger but of pure bliss.

Not only did he finally get to return to his goddess but she had gifted upon him mercy. Mercy to find that turning point and to truly be happy. His goddess did not have to do that, he would've been happy to just continue making his own symphony, his very soul, his church. A gift to his goddess, his Prime.

He slips the bracelet on, he notices it is a perfect fit, and he continues on. He has far too many things to do and while he'd love to search desperately for his turning point he knows eventually it will come. And so he ignores the soft thread and pearl beaded bracelet.

Tommy does as he always has and always will, he continues on.

Haha can you tell I have religious trauma and was raised catholic? Anyway happy thanksgiving have a present I guess honestly I just cried and wrote this so I didn't edit much. Hope you enjoy idk when anything new is coming out in regards to my fanfic but if you'd like requests are always open. If you see any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes please comment so I can fix them. If you want a part 2 comment I guess? Maybe I'll make one? Who knows, certainly not me