9. Tiring talks

Alexia woke up the next morning feeling...good? She almost forgot what a good night sleep felt like. And this night, she slept like she was knocked out.

She looked around her dorm and stood up to open the window curtains so that the sunlight could come in. It was a beautiful day outside. Not a cloud in the sky only the sun shining in every direction, the Forbidden Forest's trees moving slowly as the wind softly moved through them. It looked like a warm day.

She went into the bathroom and when she looked at herself she remembered last night. Mascara ran down her cheeks, eyes puffy and red.

Regulus.

She remembers that he wasn't leaving, asking her to tell him, finally crying, then she hugged him, sobbing uncontrollably, she wanted to tell him about her mother, but he shushed her and then she probably fell asleep.

"Merlin..." she sighed and rested her hands on both sided of the sink.

She turned on the water and started cleaning her face in the sink. Just as she was drying her face with a towel a knock was her on her door.

"Please don't be Regulus. Please, for Merlin's sake, don't be Regulus" she whispered to herself while walking towards the door.

When she opened her door the only thing that left her mouth was..

"Regulus"

On the other side of the door stood a very nervous Regulus. In his hands he had a plate of muffins and grapes.

"Good morning, thought you might be hungry?" He scratched his neck and gave her a small nervous smile and her own face broke into a small smile that she tried to hide by turning away from him.

"Can I come in?" He asked her and she turned back to him, for a moment Regulus thought that she might say no.

"Yes, yes, come in" she ushered him inside and closed her dorm room door.

Regulus slowly walked towards her night stand that was next to her bed and placed the plate with her breakfast on it. He didn't really know why he was here or what he have to say, his legs just kinda worked before his brain started functioning but he was already knocking on her door when that happened.

"So..." he trailed off while sitting down on the edge of her bed.

"So..." Alexia repeated him, standing a bit further away from him. A bit awkwardly if anyone asked.

"So? I believe that we should talk" Regulus averted his eyes away from her but not hearing any reply, he added "about last night"

"Yes, we probably should" she murmured under her nose that Regulus almost didn't hear her, but he did.

"Start from beggining?" He asked not sure if she would tell him everything or just a small part of the story. She too wasn't sure if she should tell him everything or not.

"As you know, my father got sick with the muggle sickness called cancer three years ago and two years ago he started spending less and less time at home and more at St. Mungo's hospital. When that started happening my mother became harsher. At first I thought that it was because of father being sick, then when my brothers cut ties with us, I thought it added to her condition, if one can call it that." Alexia paused for a second and looked at Regulus to see if he was still listening.

He was.

He didn't take his eyes off of her. He listened not because she was talking, but because he wanted to listen, to hear her talk and be vulnerable with him.

So she continued "Then her voice became louder, her words became harsher and then, all of the sudden she's throwing curses my way. One time she said that she has two perfect sons and now all it's left is to have a perfect daughter, and she will do it anything if it means that I will be how she wants it, without a blink." She tried to hold in her tears but one slipped. Her hand quickly wiped it away.