Chapter seventeen - In the long run

(note: You might skip the previous chappie. =D This is the second one I posted after my long hiatus.)

That Vanilla Milkshake Girl chapter 17 – In the long run

Summer’s heat was unyielding. It was the time of a well-earned break for most of the populace, but for the varsity students of various high schools in the country, it was the time of pressure and adrenaline, for it was the time of the Interhigh championship.

It was when nostalgia will flood the senses of the teen individuals, who were, almost all, were fascinated by the Generation of Miracles’ superb skills. It was already three years when those five (plus Kagami) prodigies graduated high school, thus, ending their basketball career. (with the exception of Kagami and Aomine though, they were basketball idiots after all.)

The Tokyo Stadium was filled with hundreds of audiences who were eager to watch the tournament’s battle for third place and finals game. The general masses were divided into two, the ones rooting for Rakuzan and the ones cheering for Seirin.

Surely, it brought memories to our sixth phantom man, Kuroko Tetsuya. To him, it was quite the déjà vu. As he walked to his assigned seat, he can’t help but smile at such coincidence. Seirin wasn’t able to claim the championship for the two consecutive years because of Kiyoshi’s absence, unfortunately, but it was nice to see that his alma mater had once again emerged to the top since their glorious triumph against the Generation of Miracles.

The game was about to start. As he was nearing the row of seats where his designated place is, the saw the colourful heads of his friends, chatting happily, and rather noisily, about things so random.(When we say happily, it includes a cranky Midorima, a sulking Kise bullied by Aomine, a not-giving-a-damn Akashi and the gluttonous duo Kagami and Murasakibara.) They were separated for a long time, anyways; Kagami and Aomine went overseas to continue their basketball career, Midorima had gone in a medical school, Akashi flew over England to go to a business school, and Murasakibara went to a culinary school.

This is Kuroko’s POV and he intentionally left Kise out because he is such a bitter gourd.

“Hello everyone. It seems that I’m the last one to arrive. Pardon me for being late.”

Everyone jerks from their seats (except Akashi because in every fic existing in this universe, Akashi always notices Kuroko beforehand because he is absolute and aaaall). Kagami was first to recover from shock and, without a second thought, grabbed Kuroko’s head and ruffled his hair in a harsh manner.

“It’s been a while since I experienced that, Kuroko, you moron.” Said an exasperated Kagami, his hand still on Kuroko’s head.

“Kagami-kun, it hurts. Please stop.”

“The way Tetsu said ‘it hurts’ while having a blank face and a flat tone quite irritates me.” Aomine shrugged.

“Quiet, everyone. The game is starting.”

With Akashi’s command declaration, the rainbow colored lads’ commotion came into halt.

 “Murasakibara, how many times should I tell you to not to munch your chips loudly?!”

“Midocchin, chill your nerves. You’re going to grow old rapidly if you keep on doing that.”

“What did you say?!”

Kagami and Kise held Midorima back as he tried to advance on Murasakibara. Why do people so tall act like children?

/after five seconds/

“MOU! WHY ISN’T YUCCHI ALREADY HERE SSU?!  THOSE REHEARSALS WON’T TAKE TOO LONG SSU!”

Kuroko felt that stab of pain on his chest again. He felt envious towards Kise, for having the ability of being with her. It was something he cannot have, after all.

“I’m sure she’s on her way.”

黒子のバスケ

“Crap! I’m going to be late!”

That was all Yuri could say after the rigorous rehearsals for the concert this morning. The said rehearsals were supposed to end early enough for her to prepare for the basketball game she was going to watch with Ryotan. All hell broke loose when a part of the stage collapsed and it took hours for the rehearsals to resume.

Back to present, Yuri had almost no time to take a shower but heavens forbid that she goes out without getting rid of all the sweat on her body.

Crap. Crap. Crap. I’m already late. There’s no use of being paranoid over it.

Ryotan said that his friends would join them while watching the game. He probably meant his former team mates. If that’s so…

Will Tetsu-chan be there?

March 29, 2013

1:30 PM

From: Ryotan~

Yucchi!!! Where are you? The game’s starting!

Yuri gathered her things scattered in her dressing room. She aimed for the door, her walk slowly becoming a full-fledged run.

March 29, 2013

1:45 PM

To: Ryotan~

I’m on my way~

TVMG 17

4/1/15 12:37 AM