Chapter nine - Rivalry

HEYYY GUYS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I’ve said before that I’ll update every Saturday but we’re havng Saturday classes for the whole month of October so my update schedule is ruined. AHAHAHA. I’ll try to update on Sundays but I think that will be impossible, so might as well as wait for the next update on Christmas vacation.

Dedicated to whyyousoserious… senpai? Wuuuu senpai kita dahil 3rd year na na xD

Chapter nine

“105 to 103, Seirin High School wins! Bow!”

“Thank you very much!”

Kuroko showed his smile which he seldom do. Finally, Seirin became the number one in Japan, and he already made the Generation of Miracles recognize his style of basketball. He cheered and his seniors hit him playfully, for he was the team’s trump card, the key of their success.

Kuroko turned his head to the bench, to where their coach and the reserved players stay at, but instead of seeing them celebrating and jumping at all directions, they had the faces of worry, grief and anxiety.

There was blood.

The other players went to the bench, circling the almost lifeless body where the pool of blood originated.

Kuroko was never interested in things like this, but then he went to look at the cause of the commotion.  There he saw a girl lying on the floor, panting like there was no tomorrow, the blush on her cheeks was replaced by the color of death, her pale complexion. Kuroko’s eyes widened, realizing that the almost lifeless body was owned by the girl he lov-

“OY KUROKO, DON’T SLEEP DURING TRAINING!”

Kuroko was greeted by the faces of the other members of the basketball team with #2 on top of him.

“Where am I?” Kuroko asked, confused.

“We’re in the gym, Kuroko.” Kagami replied, though he was confused by Kuroko’s actions.

“Arf, arf, arf!” Worry was evident in #2’s face.

Kuroko frantically looked around. “Where’s Yuri-chan?”

Hyuuga hit him lightly. “She’s still in Kanagawa, d’aho! We just talked to her a while ago!”

“Eh? And why are we training? Winter cup just ended right?”

It was coach that hit him again, but with a paper fan.

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? THE PRELIMS IS NOT EVEN OVER!”

“I think Kuroko-kun had a dream.” Koganei said as he looked at Kuroko, seeking for confirmation.

“Dreaming in training.Wah.”

“I think you’re right, Koganei senpai.”

“GET BACK TO PRACTICE ALREADY!”

[~]

“TEN MINUTE BREAK!”

Kuroko immediately gabbed his phone and went outside. He dialed Yuri’s number, and after four rings, she picked up.

“Hello Tetsu-chan! I just called a while ago, did you miss me?”

The lad just sighed in relief.

“Is something the matter, Tetsu-chan ?”

“Ah, it’s nothing. I had a dream earlier.”

“And then?”

“You died in my dream.”

“Eh? That’s a good thing Tetsu-chan!”

“Eh? What do you mean, Yuri-chan?”

“You know, we have this belief in the Philippines that if a person died in your dream, he/she will live longer! Yayyy. That’s awesome.”

“Is that so?”

“Mm! And by the way I’m on the train now heading back to Tokyo. I’ll be there in a while!”

“Okay Yuri-chan.”

“HEY THE BREAK IS OVER! GET BACK TO PRACTICE.”

“Ahaha, captain’s as strict as ever.”

“Mm.”

“See you later, Tetsu-chan.”

“See you later.”

[~]

After training

From: Yuri-chan

To: Tetsu-chan

Sub: Maji Burger <3

Hey Tetsu-chan! I assume that training is over by now, so can meet me at Maji Burger? Please desuuu~ ^.^ I’ll be waiting!

{…}

“Tetsu-chan! Over here!”

Kuroko went to her direction, and bowed before he sat down.

“I’ve already ordered our food.”

“Did you order vanilla milkshake?”

Yuri chuckled at Kuroko’s question. “Of course, I did.”

“So why did you want to meet all of a sudden, Yuri-chan?”

“I don’t know, really. I’ve been with Ryotan for these past days…”

“Kise-kun?”

“Mm. He brings me out, like, everyday, and he said there’s something he wants to tell me, but he’s always interrupted by things and yeah…”

As just I thought… Kise-kun will always be my rival, even if it’s just one sided.

OKAY. SHORT UPDATE. *CRIES AT A CORNER*

Btw, I got the last line from the manga *wink*

ALABYU GUYS. I still have to do my homework :D (health and values ed, yayyyyyyy!)

[HAPPY 14! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! AHAHAHA PDA NA ITECH. EKSDIII]