01ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ᴾˡᵃᶜᵉ ᴸᵒˢᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟏

"ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵗᵒʳᵗᵘʳᵉ, ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ?"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

The "party" is a term that a group of boys refer to as themselves. They were all friends, best friends and they have been forever. This was specifically just them, the group, the inner circle, and the party were only them...until the disappearance of Will Byers. That was when everything changed.

Artemis Oswalt and El or better known as Eleven were two girls who usually joined the party. Eleven was found by the boys while Artemis was forced into a friendship with them because her father was romantically involved with the missing boys' mother, Joyce. It was a nice relationship while it lasted, Joyce and Artemis's father, Joel Oswalt.

Joel and the term relationship never went well together.

This party consisted of Mike Wheeler, Will Byers, Lucas Sinclair, and Dustin Henderson. Now, there was Artemis Oswalt and Eleven who weren't original party members but they were just as loved and important to the party.

That group of friends, minus Eleven, had been hovering over Dustin who was playing Dragon's Lair.

He lost which caused both Lucas and Artie to smile.

"No! No! No! " Dustin kicked the machine, angered that he was so close to winning but lost, again. "I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch! Piece of shit!"

"Don't blame the game." Artie held her smile in, hiding it away from Dustin as she patted his back only for him to swat her away which caused her smile to surface. "Okay, relax, Dustin. This is why you lost. These video games are meant to be fun."

Dustin heavily breathed out as he shook his head, "It's not fun when you lose!"

"I wouldn't know." Artie turned her head to the game as she and Lucas laughed at her words.

Lucas looked away from the screen and to Dustin with a smile. "You're not nimble enough. But you'll get there one day." He pointed at Dustin. "But until then, Princess Daphne is still mine."

Artie lightly knocked on the screen with a coy smile pointed at them all. "Maybe she was last week."

That was when the screen faded to show the scores with Artie being on top.

"Today, Princess Daphne is mine and you are the second-place loser." Her smile increased when she saw Lucas widen his eyes, confused.

"Artie," Lucas spoke in a slow low voice as he stared at the screen. He looked away from it and to the girl beside him who was smirking. "Artie! When did you...You came to the arcade without us!? Artie, I'm gonna kill you!"