14ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢᶜʳᵃᵗᶜʰ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

"ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵍᵘᵉ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵃʳʳⁱᵉᵈ ᶜᵒᵘᵖˡᵉ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Maybe at the time, Artie didn't feel it but she did now. There was a sting in her left lower leg. When she teleported on the Demogorgon it must have scratched her in the process. She kept quiet to herself, not wanting to be a burden. It was pitch dark out and her jeans were a bit dark too so it was easy to keep it hidden.

While Dustin and Lucas talked about Dart and about the yellow pattern on his butt Artie stayed behind the group walking a bit slow. They walked on the same train tracks with flashlights as it was dark.

Ian turned around, flashing the light on his sister's face. "Artemis, you're unusually quiet."

This had made all the attention go to her.

Artie gave them a forced smile, "I'm uh you know uhm...wow we just went against Demogorgons and survived." She cheered at them with no energy. She had to widen her eyes to keep them open. Until she stumbled forward but caught herself with her other foot.

Her eyes met her concerned brother who wasn't believing in her act. Ian flashed the light at her leg, seeing a dark cloud-like shape on her lower left leg. "Artie! Is that blood?"

Artie widened her eyes as she instantly shook her head, "No! It's...just mud."

Everyone was now looking at her, concerned.

Max had a concerned angry look on her face, "Why didn't you tell us you got hurt?"

"I didn't want to slow you guys down." Artie looked away from the redhead. "I can barely feel it. It's nothing. Just a scratch."

Ian handed the flashlight to Max for her to hold. "Maybe because you lost so much blood already." He then walked closer to her and picked her up to carry her on his back.

"Ugh." Artie moved her head away from Ian. "You smell terrible."

Ian turned his head to give her a look, "Uh, I have demon dog guts on my shirt. Would you rather walk?"

"And miss out on the free piggyback ride? No." Artie scoffed a laugh as she looked forward to the group that was walking. "So, you guys were talking about how Dart ate Mews?"

"Artie!" Dustin shouted at her for bringing the conversation back.

Lucas turned his head back to Dustin again, pushing his shoulder. "I knew you kept him!"

"No! No! No, I...No, I..." Dustin looked back at Lucas trying to come up with an explanation. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas angrily shouted at him.