10 ~ Robin Hood

<Peter Parker POV>
We are going to watch a play tonight. I'm not sure why we are going, but what auntie Nat says goes -no one has the guts to refuse. I, for one, am excited, although I act as though I don't want to go cause I want to fit in with the guys. I want to be cool like them. I think that Natasha knows I want to go, though. She always knows things. It's crazy. I wish I could be as observant as her.

When we walk into the Grand Ridge School of Fine Arts, we are overwhelmed with a crowd. People are getting tickets, buying snacks and drinks, playing games whilst waiting, gossiping, and impatiently waiting to be let into the theatre. It's a bit much for me, but I just take some breaths. I have to keep my cool. We all walk over and stand in the line waiting to give our tickets to the people by the doors. I'm excited, I haven't been to a play in a while. The last one I remember going to was with May...

Deciding I need a distraction, I glance around and see a group of kids my age, they seem to be gossiping so I do what anyone would do, and I listen in. What? Not like I have anything better to do. I'm thankful for my enhanced senses so I can hear them clearly.

"Come on Noah, she's never gonna agree, you know her, she's a stuck up boring killjoy," some guy whines. I have a feeling I already don't like these guys.

"Oh please, who could resist going to one of my parties?" another guy -the one who I assume is Noah- laughs.

"Didn't she refuse to go a couple of weeks ago?" a girl questions.

Noah scoffs, "that's just because I didn't personally invite her. I'm sure I'll get her to come. How could she say no to all of this?"

I hear the laughter erupt after his speech, I bite back a chuckle, not wanting them to know that I've been listening. "Even if she does come you're not gonna get any."

What's that supposed to mean? Get any what? Money? Drugs? Is the mystery girl a drug dealer?! Wait- no, that doesn't make sense... They said she's a killjoy, I don't suspect them to call drug dealers killjoys. So maybe it is money? I mean they did say she's stuck up so I think that fits pretty well.

"Yeah, she'd never want that," another guy chimes in.

The Noah guy huffs out a laugh, "so what if she doesn't want it?"

I'm so confused. Did I miss a part of the conversation? I was kind of lost in thought. What doesn't this mystery girl want? Ugh, this is making my head hurt. "Dang alright then," the first guy laughs. "Maybe you let me join?"

"If you pay me I'll consider it."

What in the world is going on? Join what? What doesn't this girl want? What is he not getting any of? This stupid conversation is so darn confusing.

"Maybe we ask her to come after she's done with the show?" Noah asks.

"Sure man," a guy says. "hopefully she hasn't seen you at all her other performances, that'll look a bit weird."

"Shut up, you can't say that you don't enjoy watching her too," Noah shoots back.

We walk into the theatre after getting our tickets scanned and I just try to ignore the strange conversation. I'm upset that I can't figure out what they were talking about. Surely I had to have missed part of it. They all knew what he was talking about. I was the only one that didn't. The only things that really made sense out of that conversation were the part where he wants to invite her to his party and the part where he says he likes to watch her act.

I talk to Pietro a bit and look down to see I got a text from Dahlia. I smile and grab my phone.

Conversation with Dahlia 🌺