13 ~ Promise Not to Tell?

<Third Person POV>

It's been a little over a week since they last heard from Dahlia.

Tony obviously made sure to keep an eye on her medical records in case it was like last time, but nothing came in. The team was worried but hoped that it was just because she was on a vacation or something.

Unfortunately, that was not the case.

The play had ended, leaving her vulnerable to the wrath of her uncle. And just as he'd promised, he got his way with her. She had to miss the past few days of school because, eventually, the pain and exhaustion caught up to her. She didn't dare try and even take her phone out of her hiding spot. After she gets done with shows she always is watched more. Tonight was no different.

It wasn't until after her uncle and his friends left her room and decided to go sleep at one of the other guy's, Henry's, house so they could watch the game on his big screen, that she even thought about making her way to the closet to wrap herself up in a blanket to try and comfort herself. She decided that first, she must shower.

After scrubbing her skin raw, she limped to her closet and eased her way onto the ground. She decided she'd stay the night in her closet. It wasn't an uncommon occurrence, she often found safety in her small lonely closet. It provided her with a sense of protection and relaxation. Nothing bad ever happened in the closet. So, unlike the rest of the house, she attributed the room to a safe place. Pulling the blanket around herself, she lifted the panel that held her phone and powered it on.

She bit her lip as she read through the various text messages from her friends. She realized just how much she missed them all as she cried and let out small sad chuckles in response to their messages. She loved these chaotic strangers that had become her closest friends.

Group chat:
Chaotic Coworkers

Dahlia 🌺

Hey everyone, I missed you all too!

Spidey 🕷

Dahlia! You're back!

Tin Can 🗑

Took you long enough

Teapot 🫖

Shut it, Tin Can, at least she gave us a warning

Red 🔪

How are you doing, darling?

Sonic 🦔

Yay!

Dahlia 🌺

I'm doing pretty good, how are you all doing?

Red 🔪

I'm doing good now that I know you're okay

Legalos 🏹

Softie

Birdbrain 🦅

Boi you dead 😂

Sonic 🦔

Seriously do u have a death wish or smth???