12 ~ Never Say Never!

<Clint Barton POV>

After Nat said that they had met the kid, I had to find out who it was. Natasha cut off the conversation, threatening to murder anyone who brought it up again. Right now, we have all just finished supper and Peter went to his room, he's alone; perfect. I stand up from the couch after watching whatever Wanda had on after seventeen minutes as to not raise suspicion.

I knock on the door to the kid's room and hear some shuffling before I am met by Peter. "Hey kid, how are you doing?" I didn't think this through... How do I just ask him who they gave flowers to so randomly without him getting suspicious?

"I'm doing alright, I am waiting for Dahlia to respond, she sent me a text saying she went to an afterparty or something. She had a performance today and she said it went well. I told her I wished I could have seen it," Peter rambles.

"Cool, sounds like you're free. Wanna do something?"

"Sure! Do you want to try and win a game of Mario Kart against me?"

"Oh, you're so on," I smirk, entering his room.

I get settled in a beanbag chair as he jumps onto his bed. Shaking my head at his childishness (although who am I to talk?), we start up the system to play. Maybe I could talk about it now? "So, how'd you like the show?"

"It was pretty awesome. I really liked the main character." Peter replies as he scrolls through the different characters, eventually settling on Toad. I nod in agreement, picking Yoshi to be my character.

"Hey, I was wondering, who did you guys give those flowers to?"

"Hmm? Oh, right, yeah, Stark and Nat got them for the person that played Marian. Tony said that Natasha and her are friends or something," he explains casually. Natasha doesn't really do friends. Not outside of the people she works with anyways. I smile, now knowing the secret that everyone wants to know. It was quickly learned at supper that Tony and Natasha know who Dahlia is.

Group chat:

Chaotic Coworkers

Dahlia 🌺

Hey everyone, just so you know if I fall off the face of the earth for a week or so I'm sorry

Fossil 🪨

Are you expecting to not be able to text us?

Dahlia 🌺

I mean... I wouldn't be surprised

Red 🔪

Is there any reason?

Dahlia 🌺

Yeah, personal stuff

Birdbrain 🦅

What kind of personal stuff?

Dahlia 🌺

...

You do know the concept of personal stuff, right?

Like things that you don't share with strangers...

Birdbrain 🦅

Of course I know that!

Dahlia 🌺

Then why did you ask?