2 | curfew

i'd rather not get eaten by an animal just to watch scott make a fool of himself bowling.

[ 1.02 — 1.03 ]

The Monday after Lydia's party, Scott had apologized to both Allison and Willow for leaving them. Willow, of course, wasn't really upset, but it was important for him to make a better impression with Allison if he wanted to date her.

After classes ended, Willow had cheerleading practice by the lacrosse field. The repetitive screech of Coach Finstock's whistle and his yelling was the equivalent of a white noise machine after about five minutes. It was easy for most everyone to tune him out, but Willow did glance over at the lacrosse practice every now and then to see how everyone was doing so far in the season.

"McCall's gonna do it again! McCall's gonna do it again!" Finstock shouted in a mocking tone.

Willow, who was in the splits position, turned to watch with a frown. Scott must have made a mistake, resulting in Coach Finstock's teasing. Jackson was the one blocking the goal.

Scott got into position once more and charged at Jackson. Instead of easily maneuvering away and dodging him, Scott barreled into Jackson, knocking him harshly to the ground.

Willow was on her feet in a second rushing over to the field to check on her friends. Scott was kneeling over and holding his head. But Jackson seemed much worse off, clutching his shoulder which was causing him a lot of pain.

"Jackson," Willow said, dropping to his side. Coach Finstock was pushing back all of the other players that were crowding around them. Jackson clutched Willow's hand and squeezed so tight that it hurt, but she wasn't going to tell him to let go. "Danny, can you get some ice? Coach, he needs to go to the doctor."

As everyone jumped into action to take care of Jackson, no one noticed Stiles and a shifting Scott rushing to the locker room. Well, Derek Hale noticed, who was lurking near the bleachers.

And Willow noticed Derek Hale.

☽︎

Word had slowly spread around the school that week that Jackson had a separated shoulder and Scott wasn't playing in the first lacrosse game of the season. In other words, they were doomed. Willow had tried to talk to Scott and ask why he had decided to drop out after working so hard to get first line, but every time he'd just avoid her question or Stiles would pull him away.

So, Willow could only be supportive to Jackson, who wasn't dodging her or her questions. She had taken him to the doctor after practice, and after some prodding from Lydia, went with him to the hospital to have it checked on.

If Scott really wasn't going to play, then Jackson felt like he had to play, no matter how much his shoulder was hurting. That pressure led them to the hospital where Jackson was asking if he could get a steroid shot to help him through the pain for the game. Willow didn't really approve, but she still went back in the room with him while Lydia stayed in the waiting room to talk on the phone.