44 | virus

will, reel it in. your crying is starting to get annoying.

 your crying is starting to get annoying

[ 4.06 — 4.07 ]

The pack split up quickly after the events of the game. Kira ran to find her mother, whose name was on the new list uncovered. Scott and Liam stayed behind at the school to deal with the police as Violet was taken into custody. And Derek, Willow, and Stiles rushed Brett to the animal clinic for Deaton to treat.

As time passed, his reaction to whatever wolfsbane Garrett and Violet used got worse. Willow suspected they didn't even do their research on the different types, just opting to get the first kind they found. And because of that, Brett was now seizing uncontrollably with a bright yellow substance foaming out of his mouth.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles asked as they all struggled to keep Brett on the operating table.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision, and you need to hold him as still as possible," Deaton told them.

But holding him still wasn't that easy. Even with Willow helping keep his legs on the table, Stiles and Derek were struggling to keep him in place. Stiles looked at Derek sharply.

"Hey, Derek? How about a little werewolf strength?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek snapped.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Deaton warned, his scalpel hovering over Brett's chest.

"Derek, he's slipping!" Stiles yelled. "I don't think I can hold him!"

Brett shook violently, completely out of their holds. His limbs flailed as he rolled off the table and onto his feet, his claws catching Derek's arm as he did so. Before Brett could lash out in his feral state, Peter arrived and punched him hard, knocking him out completely.

Everyone looked from the finally still werewolf to Peter, who was rubbing his knuckles. "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," he commented.

Derek eyed his uncle warily. It was a known fact that Peter wasn't as strong as before since coming back from the dead — in the same way that Boyd wasn't as strong or healed as faster since nearly dying.

"Yeah," Derek mumbled. "Maybe more than a little."

Paying no mind to them, Willow crouched by Brett's side, listening carefully for any sign of breathing. But his chest remained unmoving. "Deaton, he's not breathing!"

Deaton quickly joined her on the ground. They all watched as he made a long cut down Brett's sternum. A puff of yellow smoke escaped into the air before disappearing.

"Now your abilities should work," Deaton said, giving Willow a pointed look.

Willow nodded and kissed Brett's sweaty forehead. The cut on his chest healed and his color began to return.