8 | kidnapped

why does it matter if derek likes the color?

[ 1.10 — 1.12 ]

A lot had happened in two days, though Willow had been fairly uninvolved.

Peter Hale, in an attempt to scare Scott, took Melissa McCall on a date. Chris Argent had tracked down Jackson and threatened him, thinking he was the second beta — thankfully, Scott and Stiles had shown up and helped him. As if the hunters wanting to hurt Jackson wasn't bad enough, Derek tried to kill him. He would have succeeded if Scott hadn't shown up at the burned-down Hale house and saved Jackson. Moments later, hunters ambushed the house, greatly wounding Scott. He was saved by Dr. Deaton, who revealed that he did actually know about werewolves.

As for Derek, well, no one could reach him. Scott figured he was either dead or captured by the hunters — the latter of which was true. Allison had watched Kate torture the werewolf in the bunker under the Hale house that he was chained up in. Now, Allison had to hide the fact that she knew about the supernatural world from her parents and friends.

And on top of all of that, the Winter Formal had arrived. Allison, Lydia, and Willow had waited until quite literally the last day to buy their dresses.

"I'm sorry, what? You're telling me that you don't have a date?"

It was Kate who asked the question. Willow was waiting in the kitchen of the Argent house for Allison. They'd then go pick up Lydia before heading to the mall to go dress shopping. Kate was attempting to start girl-talk with Willow only to learn that the younger girl would be going to the formal that night without a date.

"I mean, I was asked," Willow told her, sipping on the glass of pink lemonade that Victoria had fixed her. "Many times, actually. I don't know — I've just never been interested in any of the guys at school."

"Sounds like you need an older man," Kate said, smirking. "Personally, I always liked them younger."

"Yeah, Allison told me all about your evil plan to become a substitute teacher," she said, giggling at what she thought was a lighthearted joke. "Jackson won't know what hit him."

"You ready?" Allison asked, rushing down the stairs while pulling her car keys out of her purse.

"Yup," Willow said, getting up and smiling at Kate. She was practically a master at faking charming smiles around the Argents, who terrified her. "Bye, Kate."

"Have fun at the dance if I don't see you," Kate called.

Shortly after the two girls left, Chris arrived. He watched Kate carefully, who had been running off and not answering calls the last few days. And once again, it looked like she was about to take off.

If only he knew about the chained-up werewolf she was itching to torture.

"Girls at the mall?" Chris asked her while moving around the kitchen to tidy it up.