3 | werewolves

you're not cutting anything off anyone. take some deep breaths. think about cheerleading and harry styles and scribbles.

 think about cheerleading and harry styles and scribbles

[ 1.04 ]

"Dude, you need to study more," Stiles said, reading Scott's test grade of a D- over his shoulder. Scott sighed helplessly. "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up. Do you want help studying? Willow is coming to mine after school today to study. She's like the smartest girl in class."

They both glanced to the front of the classroom where the teacher had handed back Willow's test. Even from the back, they could read the big red A+ on the paper, as well as the note that informed her of five extra bonus points.

"No. I'm studying with Allison after school today," Scott told him.

Stiles grinned proudly. "That's my boy."

"We're just studying," he insisted.

"Uh, no, you're not."

"No, I'm not?" he asked, getting confused. Stiles had just told him to study.

"Not if I'm forced to live vicariously through you," Stiles whispered. "If you go to her house today and squander that colossal opportunity, I swear to God, I'll have you de-balled."

"Okay. Just stop with the questions, man," Scott said, sighing.

"Done. No more questions. No more talk about the Alpha or Derek. Especially Derek... who still scares me," he muttered.

"And what? You and Willow are allowed to just study without risk of de-balling?" Scott asked, frowning.

"I can't make a move on Willow," Stiles whispered, shaking his head. "She's so perfect and adorable and sweet. Too unattainable.

"How do you know she's unattainable?" Scott asked. Stiles had spent most of his life being in love with two girls, and in Scott's opinion, he had a better chance with Willow. "You could try flirting. She'd probably even say yes if you asked her to the Winter Formal."

"I don't even wanna risk it, dude," he admitted, frowning. "I can get over the constant rejection from Lydia whenever I try to ask her out, knowing that she'll never see me as anything. But I don't act on any feelings for Willow because her rejection? I wouldn't survive it."

Scott sighed and reached over to rub Stiles' shoulder comfortingly. It was understandable that Stiles would take friendship with Willow over nothing at all. And Scott was almost sure that he wasn't the only one to feel that way.

To the boys of Beacon Hills, Willow was an angel that floated on a bed of clouds down the hallway — as dramatic as that sounded. It was one of the reasons the boys had never told her about Scott being a werewolf. They couldn't introduce an angel to something so horrific.