Chapter 11

"Hey," someone whispered as they opened the door. "It's me." Ranboo grumbled as he sat up.

"Who's 'me?'" They smiled, still sleepy.

"Afinity, and it's 7 a.m. I expected you to be up."

Ranboo just about jumped out of his skin. "Crap! Chao, Stinger! Wake up!" They shook the two, and when they replied he started getting up. "What's up?" Chao groaned.

Lotv shot up after grabbing his phone. "It's 7 a.m.! Come on, come on!" He dragged Chao out of bed as Ranboo rushed out of the room, closing the door. He ran to his room and came out of it in 5 minutes flat. They were greeted by Afinity waiting by their door.

"What made you sleep in?" He queried. They started walking down the hall to the dining room.

"Honestly? Group therapy sesh. They went to bed at 1, and I can survive on 5 hours of sleep, but I finally fell asleep at 4, so." He shrugged.
A silence fell upon them as they walked. 'Step step, step step, step step, step-' they focused on syncing their step with his. Afinity laughed.

"Are you trying to sync our footsteps?"

"Well," Shadow looked up, "what else? Match our breathing? You breathe too often." Afinity sighed.

"Well damn, ok. Anywho, Highness has an announcement or something."

"Oh ok," Ranboo paused.

"What is it?" Afinity asked. He looked to Shadow and saw him smirk. Chao jumped onto his back.

"Hey bitch!" He laughed, Lotv stepping beside them. Afinity laughed as they all started to walk again.

"Come on rascals, do you want to be late for breakfast?" Chao slid off of Shadow as he and Lotv raced to the dining room.

"I'ma get there first, asshole!" Chao shouted, smiling.

"Ha, you wish!"

As they approached the hall, Afinity took the lead and took his seat. 'Where are Eret, Aimsey, and Papa J?'

"Hey mate!" Apricity called, "come sit by me!" 'I wouldn't trust people so fast normally, but these people, they're different. They feel like, like they belong here.' They smiled as they sat by him. Finally, the three walked into the room.

"So," Highness wryly smiled, "we have a mission." The waiters started to pass out food. People with debts. Escapees. All of them working here, for Eret, to atone for their sins. And in turn, protection. "Eat as I explain. We took down the bases around ours, the hubs, more so. They have main bases though."

"Bases? Plural?" Chao got out between chews.

"Yes, and don't talk with your mouth full," Shadow smiled.

"Anyhow," Emperor continued for Highness, "there are 4 main bases, 3 major ones. All of them are ran by trusted people in the group. Error, Vuleran, Slayess, and Dream himself. We're going to take down Vuleran's quarters today." 'Why does he look so downcast? Like, she's-'

"No." Ranboo dropped his fork. "We're not putting them on a mission, Emperor. That's directed at you as well, Highness."

Highness straightened the scarf that surrounded his neck. "Shadow, that's how we got our training; you know it's the best way. Besides, the people going are at this table. We aren't understaffed." They smiled. "They need erlébnis, and you know it."

Koe swung his feet on the table, showing he was done eating. "Ooo, good word." He smirked.

"A German noun meaning adventure." He sighed before giving a strained laugh. "Fine, but you better not get my raison d'êtres killed." Eret started to say the meaning of the words, when they were cut off. "No, don't. Chao, Lily Of The Valley, come to my room when you finish, please." And they walked out of the room.