The 50th Floor CHP. 3

Things were, debatably, going just fine, dandy even. The Khans managed to draw the aggro of the wolves and split them up into 4 groups, and I could see the flash of their sword skills coming from the tree line as they used hit and run tactics against them.

Over by the camp, I could just barely make out the groups of clockwork heavy knights that the spartan folk managed to corral into choke points. With their extended range and the clunky nature of the clockwork mobs in general, they were able to keep the number of mobs they faced at once down to a minimum and were holding the line just as well as their supposed ancestors had. As for my case-

"Woah!"

Leaping backward, the spot where I was just standing was smashed, and a small crater was left over once the dust settled. The 'Clockwork Ogre' currently after me was almost full health, but his brother in arms was still recovering from the combo attack I unleashed on his knees. As for goldie-

"Well, looks like the glue works wonders against this guy at least."

As soon as the wolves were out of the question and the knights charged towards our pike wall, I jumped down in front of the three and threw a 'Choking Bomb' right at the golden mob, called 'Ascendant of Gold', whatever that meant. With no noticeable effect, I dogged and weaved its two bodyguards before managing to nail it with a glue bomb that specialized in sticking towards metallic surfaces.

This time, the golden golem struggled to remove the status effect and had only sent a few punches and kicks my way. Although they were definitely a tier or two stronger than anything else we've gone up against so far, it wasn't something that screamed danger, but seeing as this guy had 2 HP bars, I would probably find out once I got around to bringing those down, but first.

Rule 1 of combat - Always try to equalize the among of enemy combatants to your own... or something like that, I really need to pick up a strategy book from Asuna one of these days.

Circling around the mid-health mechanical Ogre, I positioned myself so that the downed Ogre was in between me and goldie. Despite his strength, goldie was still working away at the tire two glue I threw at him earlier, which should buy me enough time to kick, more like slice, at his friend while he was down.

Dashing towards left knee where I had put the majority of my damage on, the ogre let out a whirring roar as he swung his massive battle-ax towards me, but since his footing was still off I was able to slide right under it.

Successfully dodging his swing, he was now even more exposed, and I used the 1-Hit variant of the RL Skill 'Wrath Strike' to cleave straight through his knee cap, damaging the mechanism to the point where the gears within started spazzing out and causing the ogre to collapse again, this time with a stunning effect under his red HP bar.

Pumping my fist, goldie and his other friend were beginning to circle on opposite sides of their downed ally towards me. Getting caught in a 3-way pincer attack was a sure way of guaranteeing myself a scolding session after this. So it was time for a bit of acrobatics.

Jumping towards the downed ogre's back before his friends could surround me, I ran up his wooden back before jamming my sword into a small crevice on the back of his head. I managed to lift the panel slightly before ducking down to avoid his fist that was trying to swat me off and used my free hand to pull the panel off completely.

With what could be called his 'brain' exposed, the mob went berserk as he tried to stand back up, but with one of his legs out of commission, he only ended up tumbling forward again. Not wanting to become a human fly, I used 'Vorpal Strike' to thrust my blade deep into the network of gears, pulleys and spheres shaped objects, the crimson red sword giving me a satisfying feeling as it tore through its weak points.