Valentines Concert CHP. 3

The clinking of mugs and chattering of the group filled the restaurant. Although we had a group cheer at the beginning to celebrate the success of Yuna's show, everyone was now scattered throughout the party, idly chatting and laughing, although Klein and Shiba seemed to be getting too drunk on the atmosphere.

"Mmm, I really hope he doesn't go yelling nonsense again..."

During the 50th floor raid, Kirito had told me that Shiba had gone out of his way to 'praise his adorable Licchan' to his fellow guild members after an entire day of fighting. It was both lovely and embarrassing that he was able to say such things in public with a hint of hesitation, and I had to scold him for it, but it was impossible to stay mad at those puppy dog eyes...

"Well, you seemed pretty happy about it last time through Liten. Not to mention your already smiling just by looking at your boy over there."

"Hrgh...not like I can help it. Still, I hope he doesn't go overboard, especially here."

"Nyahaha, don't worry Liten, I'm sure Kibou will keep em grounded over there for a bit longer."

With a wink from Argo, I looked over to the group in question. Klein, Shiba, Agil, Kirito, and Nautilius were all standing in a circle, but with everyone else chatting away it was impossible to make out what they were talking about, normally at least. But with 3 of the 2 involved in our little 'project', and the time beginning to sync up, their conversation should start taking a particular turn. Glancing over to Liz, we winked at one another before the 3 of us looked at the abnormally silent fencer who was beside us.

Asuna had walked in with Kirito at the beginning, but with a few timing attacks, we managed to get them into position. Of course, some would consider it rude to involve themselves so much in another person's relationship, but since we were only acting in their best interest, this much involvement could be forgiven. As we discussed earlier, it was Liz who began phase 2.

"Still, that was one hell of a show they ended up putting on this time around. The finale seemed pretty intense too, and surprisingly popular."

Nodding along, Argo started talking while waving her finger around.

"Well everyone loves a good story ya know? Yuna went out of her way to set that play up and write the story. Not my taste, but it fit the bill didn't it?"

"Oh, it was a wonderful story! Especially the part when the knight finally confessed to the valkyrie! It was so romantic to see him confess the feelings he was hiding for so long, although I guess since he fell for her first he wanted to make sure the feeling was mutual."

"I don't think that was the case."

As all of our eyes bulge at the sudden comment, the three of us looked over to Asuna, who had up till now had only been staring into her cup, contemplating something. Although I wasn't directly involved in writing the play, I already had a general idea of the story Yuna was trying to tell, but the finer details were a mystery. Still, it seemed pretty obvious that the dark knight had fallen in love first...

"Hmm, quite frankly I couldn't tell, but I was also leaning towards the knight falling first. What makes you think otherwise A-chan?"

With all of us looking at her, Asuna finally lifted her face with a gentle smile on her face, the dim lights of the bar shining off her features, truly giving her an outer-world beauty that made me feel a bit self-conscious.

"Well, although the knight confessed first, I think it was the valkyrie who had fallen in love first. After all, it was the knight that helped her regain her wings expecting nothing in return, and stood by her side no matter what they went through. The Valkyrie didn't confess because she felt that she wasn't worthy of standing by his side, at least until she managed to break his curse. He ended up confessing first because he finally felt that he could stand by her side, but that was only because he was a few seconds faster than the valkyrie."