intro.

ˏˋ⠀꒰⠀♡ ◞⠀ 𝓛𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝓢𝗧𝗢𝗥𝗬 𝓢𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧   !! ⠀꒱

Long story short, Jada Reyes was a government ARGUS agent with an iffy reputation. Formerly Rick Flag's girlfriend, before he cheated on her with June Moone, she was accused of "sleeping her way to the top" because of Rick's accomplishments. However, that obviously wasn't the case, it was just misogyny doing what it did best. And that infuriated her.

Long story short, before becoming an ARGUS agent, she was a part of the FBI. Through the FBI, she met Rick Flag and gained the interest of Amanda Waller, who believed that her strong fighting and intelligent skills could somehow be useful. Waller recruited her to be a part of ARGUS, along with Flag, causing eyebrows to shoot up. Did this only happen because she was dating Flag? Did Flag convince Waller for his stupid girlfriend to be promoted to a higher position? No one would actually know the true answer, but there were many false speculations that Jada had to put up with.

Long story short, when Rick Flag decided to cheat on her with June Moone, the woman who became the Enchantress, she thought the rumors would stop. But she was wrong — they got worse. Her ego must have annoyed him. She must have thought she was too good for him. Not once did he get blamed, it was all apparently "her fault". Once again, she just put up with the speculation, not letting it get to her since people were shitty. She also couldn't risk snapping at someone and getting fired since her job was very important to her.

Long story short, Jada worked alongside Emilia Harcourt and John Economos on Waller's control staff, who watched over Task Force X on both of their missions. They were probably the only two people who didn't believe the rumors, making Jada tolerate them to a certain point.

Long story short, Jada was just a little bit closed off and cold...okay, maybe more than a little bit. The only person that she had ever actually let in was Rick, who then proceeded to betray her trust, making her even more restricted than she originally was. Many people didn't like her because of her hostility and her confidence at the same time, but she didn't mind it. In all honesty, she kind of liked it since that would mean people wouldn't talk to her.

Long story short, she was comfortable with the life she lived, even though she had been screwed over by her ex. But, when a man named Peacemaker killed Rick Flag and she, Harcourt, and Economos decided to help the rest of Task Force X with Project Starfish only to be assigned to Project Butterfly straight after . . . her life took a turn.

Especially when she met the infamous Vigilante.

-♡-

CAST

ana de armas as jada reyes

"yeah, it's like you're asking to be shot at

"yeah, it's like you're asking to be shot at. and if you are, i'll gladly do the honors."

+

freddie stroma as adrian "vigilante" chase

"i think you're just jealous that peacemaker and i are besties and you guys aren't

"i think you're just jealous that peacemaker and i are besties and you guys aren't."

...and rest of the cast as their respective characters!!

-♡-

AUTHORS NOTE

Hello everyone!! I decided I wanted to make a Adrian Chase fic since I loved him so much in Peacemaker. I planned on releasing this earlier when the show was more popular, but then school got in the way and I wanted to focus on writing my Outer Banks book (which you can also check on my profile).

With that being said, the rights to the characters in this fic, apart from Jada since she is my own OC, go to HBOMax, DC and the DCEU, and the general plot line rights of the show go to James Gunn and DC/DCEU.

In this fic, Rick Flag is a little bit younger than he is portrayed in the Suicide Squad movies, but the age gap between him and Jada is still a little bit bigger (not that big though).

So, yeah, that's it and I really hope you enjoy this book!! Hopefully I'll be able to finish it faster than my other one since there are only eight episodes lol (im prob jinxing myself bc school is a bitch).

Also, this book contains mature themes like the actual show so be warned. I do not write any smut, but some dialogue can be very graphic.

Cover created by meha-k