colonel flag is dead.

JADA LAID BACK AGAINST HER CHAIR, her feet up against her desk

JADA LAID BACK AGAINST HER CHAIR, her feet up against her desk. The computer system had temporarily shut down, making them unable to contact Task Force X whatsoever. So, they decided to wait it out, hoping it would come back online.

Even though Jada didn't show it on her face, she was worried.

About Rick.

Yes, he had cheated and made her feel like complete shit before she was able to get over him, but that didn't mean that she could just stop caring about him. He was once one of the most important people in her life and it was hard for her to stop caring, which was why she always tried not to in the first place.

Then, all of a sudden, the computer screens began to flicker and flash, turning back on. "Uh, Miss Waller, I think the feed is back up," John Economos spoke up, making Jada open her eyes to look at her computer. She then heard a loud roar come from Economos's computer, making her take her feet off the desk and look over. "Oh, my God, Miss Waller! We've got a freaking kaiju up in this shit!"

Jada looked at the screen and saw a huge, blue starfish walking in the city of Corto Maltese, destroying every building it came across. "Oh, my God," she whispered, her distinct Cuban accent coming in thick. Even though she had lived in America for years after leaving Cuba with her family, it still stayed. And she was glad it did.

Waller walked over to Jada's desk, grabbing the radio to contact the team. Jada had usually been the one to contact Rick with it, since she had no problem doing so, so that's why it was on her desk. "Task Force X, come in. Are you there?" Waller asked over the radio.

After a moment of silence, Bloodsport hummed, "Uh-huh."

"Whatever signal jammers were blocking our communications must have been in the building you just demolished," she explained.

"Yeah, well, we've got a mite issue over here, Waller," Bloodsport told her slowly.

"It's Project Starfish, Miss Waller," Ratcatcher 2 came in over her radio. "It's headed towards the city, and I think it wants to feed on as many people as it can."

Jada stared at her screen, watching the destruction that the humongous starfish was causing. She couldn't believe her eyes, she was in complete shock. In all her years for working for Waller, she had never see something so...extraordinary in a bad way. Well, maybe apart from the Enchantress incident.

"Not our problem," Waller answered, causing Jada to glance back at her for a second, before looking back at her screen. "If you've destroyed Jotunheim and the records within, you've achieved the objective. Corto Maltese is no longer a US ally. If anything, the White House will consider fomenting disruption in a hostile nation a positive development."

Jada listened to her boss's words, her mouth parted. She knew Amanda Waller was basically emotionless except for the emotion of anger, but she didn't know that she was this...merciless. And this was coming from Jada, who was used to killing people with no problem before she got moved to her desk job.