Chapter 2- Petals 'N' Frostings

It was a busy day in "Petals 'N' Frostings," a floral bouquet and cake delivery shop on LB Road in Chennai's Adyar area. It's a little shop that sells personalized gifts, cakes, and flowers for various occasions. They're known for their beautiful flower arrangements, which include everything from carnation roses to Gerberas. Their fantastic team was well-known for making deliveries at all hours of the night. Their personalized gifts were like a crowning glory for them. The person behind all of these creative ventures was none other than Riya Thomas.

Riya Thomas, who used to be a bubbly, chirpy young lady, had evolved to be the owner of "Petals n Frostings," a noticeable entrepreneur in Chennai. Riya worked as a personal secretary for the CEO of the Dev group of companies for a while, but the work environment brought up some painful memories that she was trying to forget. She quit that job and started "Petals N Frostings" herself. Since she was a child, Riya has loved cakes and gifts. Her mother was an excellent baker, and she learnt from her.

Riya was busy arranging purple orchids with white roses and green fillers when her friend Aarthi, who also happened to be her employee, clapped her hands and exclaimed,

"Wow, you are wonderful at flower arrangement."

Aarthi's remark caught Riya off guard. Her first meeting with Mugil, which was still fresh in her mind, flashed before her eyes.

Flashback

"Excuse me, do you have an appointment?" questioned Riya, the CEO's secretary, to the person attempting to enter Dev's cabin.

After Riya's interrogation, Mugil grinned with amusement.

"Isn't it enough that you're unaware of who I am?"

"I don't mind who you are; I'm the CEO's secretary; you must ask me before meeting him," Riya said flatly, her voice a little louder this time.

"Even if I'm the Vice Secretary of the company."

Riya dropped her head in embarrassment and said politely "Sir, please accept my apologies."

Mugil chuckled at her instant change in body language. When he was about to walk away, he got stunned at the beautiful flowers.

"Wow, what a gorgeous vase, is it new?" Mugil inquired with excitement evident in his eyes.

"I merely combined the flowers from the two old vases and rearranged a bit," Riya explained humbly.

While entering Dev's cabin, Mugil remarked with a glint in his eyes, "You're good at flower arrangement."

Flashback ends

Aarthi's voice pulled Riya back from her thoughts. "What were you saying," she asked bluntly.

"Oh, God, you spaced out again. This is the nth time you've did anything like this today. I was telling you that you were becoming better with flowers every day." With a fake tear, Aarthi exclaimed.