Chapter 9 Shree's New Friend

Finally, the day came for the planned temple visit. Anu and Janaki covertly exchanged messages. They began once Anu had packed the puja supplies. Anu had invited Riya the night before. Riya would have joined them if the situation had been different. Riya, on the other hand, excused herself after hearing of their plans. Anu chose not to invite her parents or brother to the occasion. After that kidnapping incident, they were upset. Mugil, whom they considered a son, had never behaved in this manner before. Anu was well aware that they would avoid Mugil as a plaque; also, as this was an unplanned Mundan ritual, so she chose to be cautious.

Dev drove the car according to Anu's instructions. When they were almost there, Dev noticed something familiar and had the sensation he had been there before. Anu paid attention to his changing expression. She had the impression that he had recalled something. Anu interrupted his train of thought by mentioning the formalities they must complete after arriving at the temple.

"Dev, please arrange for hot water for Shree before the ceremony." "I brought flowers, but you get a garland," Anu was attempting to keep Dev occupied without thinking about anything else.

Meanwhile, Janaki, Mugil, and Jason arrived at the temple. When they arrived at the location, Mugil had a lot of thoughts. When his father was alive, he used to visit here with his parents. When he was a child, Dev, who was visiting them for some reason, accompanied him. The fuzzy memories drew him back.

Anu entered the temple with Shree. Dev was buying something in the outside shop when Mugil's car reached the entrance. These two can identify each other at any distance. Mugil was the one driving. Jason was chatting with Janaki. Mugil slammed on the brakes and gave Janaki the "What's cooking in your head" look.

Janaki picked up on his thoughts and babbled.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Is that your plan now that he's here?" Mugil inquired.

"Who is here? What plan? I can't understand anything." Janaki managed to tell.

"Mom, I know you well; how come Dev is here in this temple?

"Oh, is Dev is here. How many days, it has been? Let me say hi to him. "Janaki said innocently.

"This is a big temple, Mugil. No one has to invite anyone to visit. Everyone can visit." She further clarified.

Mugil can't ask anything further.

When Dev was entering the temple, he came face to face with Mugil. Dev was holding a garland and some puja items. After seeing the once socialite become so domestic, Mugil got amused. His lips curved into a faint smile. Dev can guess what he was thinking, but he kept a poker face. Janaki was the one who finally spoke up.

"How are you, Dev? How is Anu?" she inquired.

Dev remained silent before responding, his gaze remaining fixed on Mugil.

"Yeah, she is fine. We came here to put a tonsure for our baby girl." He said.

"Nice, we come today to fulfil a ritual duty; we are giving Thulabaram," Janaki informed Dev and waited for a response. Dev, on the other hand, is at a loss for words. So he just excused himself by saying that Anu was waiting for him.

So he just excused himself by saying that Anu was waiting for him. "We would come and greet your girl once we finish our offering," Janaki added, creating an opportunity to meet.

In the morning when Anu was continuously checking her mobile, Dev got an inkling, but he never imagined her joining hands with Mugil's mom. He kept a blank face and entered inside. He didn't discuss Mugil with Anu. He started getting the ticket for the tonsure and he was assigning a Barber. He showed himself to be busy, but his eyes were searching for Mugil.

Meanwhile, Janaki was pleading with Mugil to sit on the balance. He was loading one side with Jaggery with the help of Jason. Dev and Anu, who were waiting for the barber to come, can see the sight at a distance. Now it was Dev's turn to give that amused look. He can't control his laugh. Somehow Janaki made Mugil sit, and they completed the ritual.

                                                                    (Imagine something like this)

Jason was looking after the after ritual formalities. Janaki started,

"Mugil, let's say hi to Anu and greet their baby."

She moved in their direction without waiting for an answer. Mugil now has a choice: he may either follow or stay. However, he followed his heart and unconsciously followed his Mother's footsteps.

Shree, who was already familiar with the process, was terrified. She wasn't sitting for the tonsure, and she was crying continuously. Anu was cooing at her and attempting to coax her into sitting on Dev's lap. Janaki took advantage of the situation and comforted Shree. She went on to say something unexpected to everyone.

"Mugil is good at comforting, and he can hold her." "Come on, Mugil, sit down." Janaki gave Shree over to Mugil before he could react.

Mugil was taken aback for a moment, but when he saw the crying girl in his arms, he put his ego aside and comforted her.

"Why is Shree's baby crying?" It's nothing; don't you want to see those lovely fishes, Shree baby? We can see the fish in the pond if you sit. In that pond, there is a green fish. When we finish this, I'll take you." He was reassuring her.

Shree stopped crying and asked excitedly,

"Can you take me there, Uncle?"

"Sure, dear," he said, "let's finish this first, then we can escape."

The sight of Mugil effortlessly calling Shree by name astounded both Anu and Janaki. They hadn't expected Mugil to know Shree's name. But Dev, who was well aware of Mugil's stalking habits, was unsurprised.

After so many comforting episodes, they ended the ceremony in Mugil's lap. Mugil and Shree were in their own world. Janaki and Anu were pleased with their strategy. Even if Dev and Mugil didn't exchange worlds, it was still a significant step forward in their relationship. Jason even photographed the two families together. Dev had merely suspected Anu's involvement in the scheme, but he assured it after witnessing her lack of surprise when Janaki confronted them. Anu is poor at hiding secrets. That confirmed that these two ladies had met previously. Dev and Mugil don't dislike one other, but their egos prohibit them from acting like they used to.