Chapter - 4 Visiting "Petals 'n' Frostings"

In the car, there was an awkward silence. Mugil was deep in thought, while Aarthi was rehearsing initiating a conversation.

"If Riya is her boss, she must be in charge of a company. What would it be? Isn't she working with Dev?"

He was pondering in his mind like this. Mugil was well aware that Aarthi had mentioned her job in the restaurant, but he was in a stance. But one thing he remembered, Aarthi was speaking something about flowers. Now his only interest was to find Riya's workplace. He felt it embarrassing to ask it again with Aarthi. But his curiosity killed the cat.

"Where is your workplace?" He asked.

"You mean, our flower shop, it's right around this corner. You want to check it out?" Aarthi was excited by his question. As this was the first time he initiated a topic.

Without thinking much, Mugil replied, "Why not?"

As per Aarthi's guidance, they reached "Petals 'n' Frostings."

In the shop, Raj was the only one who was available.

"Where is Riya? It might take some time for her to get here," Aarthi reasoned.

"Hi, Raj, this is Mugil." Riya introduced them.

Raj was shooting daggers at Mugil, who reached out to shake his hand.

"Hi, buddy I am least interested with your Aarthi," Mugil thought to himself.

Aarthi was busy explaining their shop.

"Everything here is my boss' idea. Like her, I am also crazy about cakes and flowers. So, this job suits me the best, " like this, Aarti was busy ranting her interests.

Mugil was mesmerized by the beautiful arrangement of flowers. His first meet with Riya flashed in his mind, and a smile crept on his lips.

Like in a trance, he blurted out, "Beautiful" without thinking about the consequences.

Hearing his compliment, Aarthi blushed with a smile leaving Mugil in shock.

"What I'm getting myself into; I'm giving this girl too much hope," he thought.

"I have to clear things before it gets complicated, he told to himself.

"All right, Aarthi, it's been nice meeting you, but I have to keep going," Mugil spoke as if he was in the middle of a business deal.

Aarthi was confused for a while, "Till now he was normal, but why he is distancing himself now," she thought.

"When can we meet up again, Mugil?" she inquired, shocking Mugil, but he managed to respond.

"I don't want to be married right now, Aarthi. I only came for the sake of my mother. Please accept my apologies for the drama." Mugil clarified.

"Oh," sighed Aarthi. Her inner voice, however, reminded her to set up a situation to meet him in the future.

"How come we can't be friends?" she implored. Raj, who was standing in the corner, was fuming with rage.

"When can we meet again, Mugil," she asked, startling Mugil but he managed to reply to her.

"Look, Aarthi, I, don't want to get married now. Just I came for my mother's sake. So please understand my situation." Mugil exclaimed.

"Oh," Aarthi sighed. But her inner mind reminded her to create a situation to meet him in future.

"Is it possible for us to be friends, at the very least?" she pleaded. Raj who was watching everything from a corner was boiling in anger.

"Why can't this girl see that he isn't interested," Raj wondered.

Mulling over the consequences, Mugil didn't want to continue this drama. Yet his selfish mind demanded him to grab this situation to develop some contact with Riya.

"I don't make friends, but you may do business with me if you want. I can ask my workers to buy flowers from your boss's shop, I mean this shop, for our Chennai office daily." Mugil proposed a requirement that only God knows whether their office was in need or not.

"Wow, that's a fantastic offer, Mugil. I appreciate it." Aarthi squealed with joy.

"Mr.Karthikeyan, please," Mugil said with a neutral look.

Aarthi gasped at his cold behaviour. "Just before he was normal, now he is behaving like this. "Business people," she thought. "Whatever Riya would be happy with this order, every day means, God, how many flowers they would buy, it's good business," she was smiling like a maniac. Her train of thoughts was disturbed by Mugil's voice.

"Tomorrow you come to my office with your boss, we can discuss this delivery further "

Mugil handed over his business card and rushed to his car.

Assuring his disappearance, Raj approached her.

"What was that Aarthi; he doesn't seem to care about you. Why are you falling for him, then?" Raj was unable to suppress his anger.

"Is it only because he's really good-looking?" He further added.

For a brief while, Aarthi was stunned. Raj had never spoken to her so coldly before.

"Is he developing some interest in me?" she wondered as she examined his words.

"Let's keep all these thoughts aside. It's time to celebrate. We got a big order" Aarthi cheered herself.

With that thought, she dialled Riya's number.

"What's up, Aarthi," Riya said, picking up the phone on the first ring as if anticipating the call.

"Riya, I'm totally confused. But, there is some good news. We received a big order. We have to deliver flowers to "MD Enterprises" every day. Isn't that great?" Riya was taken aback when Aarthi exclaimed.

"What?" Riya can't believe what she's hearing. "Is he trying to get close to me?" she wondered.

"We're signing this deal in Mugil's office tomorrow; be ready." He invited both of us to his office tomorrow." Aarthi explained.

"Wait, where are you? If not in the shop?" asked Aarthi startling Riya.

"I was only planning on starting there, but a friend called, and I am about to meet her." Riya managed.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." Come on into the shop, and we'll get started." Riya was given no option to oppose Aarthi's assertion, which was more like a statement.

After leaving the restaurant, Riya wandered aimlessly, waiting for this phone call. It's an understatement to say she was confused. She thought Mugil would distance himself from her.

"I don't understand why he's making such a mess," she thought. Her mind advised her to continue lying about catching up with her friend. Yes, Anu, her only friend. She is only capable of understanding her situation. She booked a cab to Dev's Mansion.