Chapter 7 - Perfect Plan

When Riya was waiting for Anu, she was surprised to see Mugil's mother, Janaki, and his assistant, Jason, at the door. Aarthi and Raj started early to complete an order. Riya was the only one in the boutique. Jason was the first to speak up.

"Hello, I'm hoping you remember me from MD realtors today. "This is Janaki Mom, the mother of my boss." He gave a brief overview of himself. Through her eyes, Janaki, on the other hand, seemed to be looking for someone.

Riya was at a loss for words. Even before Jason introduced Janaki, she knew her. She met her at the funeral of Dev's mother, Saradha. With a sloppy smile, she greeted them.

"Wow, you've got a great shop here," Jason exclaimed with a goofy grin.

Riya said nicely, "Thank you."

Riya was embarrassed as Janaki was looking at her with a skeptical eye. Jason had previously informed Jankai about Riya and Aarthi. Jason is her source of information as Mugil won't tell her anything.

Mugil's recent interaction with two young ladies piqued her interest. So, she decided to check out in person by herself. When she walked into Riya's boutique, she only saw Riya. She began looking for another girl. Before she could ask, Jason intervened,

"Where is your friend, Mam?"

Riya felt odd when Jason addressed her as Mam, "Riya, please; Aarthi finished her tasks and done for the day," she explained.

After a brief silence, Janaki started,

"Jason told our company is going to order flowers daily from here, so I just thought of visiting here; Wow, you sell cakes too?"

Without asking permission, Janaki started exploring the shop. The atmosphere suddenly changed when the bell on the door chimed. Anu entered with a bright smile. Before Riya could react, Janaki almost jumped at her place.

"Anu, how are you?" She rushed and gave Anu a bear hug.

"Wow, Aunty, what a pleasant surprise," Anu said genuinely from the heart and gave Riya a friendly hug.

Like connecting the dots, Janaki assumed Riya as someone known to Mugil and Riya. Before coming here, Janaki doubted whether these women were some of his UK acquaintances. But after witnessing the bond between Anu and Riya, Jankai confirmed that Mugil must have some links with Riya. Women's brain is like a supercomputer, and it will quickly process the situation. While Anu and Riya were exchanging questioning looks, Janaki was devising plans to bring the Riya girl as her daughter-in-law.

Janaki explained to Anu about her visit. Riya ordered some snacks and coffee for them.

"Anu, visit our house. Mugil is in India. Bring Riya with you." Janaki blurted startling both Anu and Riya.

"Ahem, yeah, sure.." Anu was flabbergasted.

The air became dense, and Anu didn't know how to react. While she was thinking of an excuse, Jason came near Janaki and whispered.

"Mom, please come outside for a while."

Janaki said an excuse and went with Jason.

Janaki started laughing loudly after hearing what Jason said.

"Mom, you only said that you can talk with a girl for me; how about this Anu? I like her."

"Jason, for God's sake she is married and having a kid it seems."

"Then how about that Riya; she is also beautiful," Jason questioned.

"Jason, she is out of your reach; I hope your boss has an eye on her. You search on your own, lazy boy." She terminated the conversation by not giving any more chances to Jason develop any interest in Riya.

Like a baby, Jason pouted and stumped his foot.

Anu and Riya were seriously discussing how to handle the matter when Jankai returned.

"I think, I can explain to her that Dev and Mugil are not in talking terms," Anu said.

"By this time, she would have known that, I think we can tell something else," Riya suggested.

"Lemme talk with Dev, he might give some idea."Anu was speaking to herself.

Before Anu and Riya could come to an excuse, Janaki entered.

"Sorry, this Jason was blabbering something; Okay, when you girls are visiting my home. Let me prepare a lavish meal."

"Hmm, Aunty, I think this won't work out." Anu was chewing her words.

I don't know, whether you knew, but Dev and mugil are not in talking terms these days," Anu added.

"I knew that very well. That's why I am trying to fix this. Mugil is not in himself. Always staring at the ceiling, like he lost something. I want my Mugil back as he was in his olden days." Janaki explained surprising both Anu and Riya.

"I can say the same with Dev. Though he pretends to be happy, he too misses Mugil a lot." Anu also confirmed the fact.

While Janaki and Anu were discussing this, Riya was at her peak of tension. "What about my situation here. If they are trying to bring Dev and Mugil closer, I am also unnecessarily involved in this." She thought to herself.

Anu noticed Riya's confused face and was determined to rectify the problems one by one. She thought that Riya should not be involved in this drama. Once Dev and Mugil are on talking terms, let Riya decide her future, she thought.

"I think visiting your house is not a good idea. First, let them meet in a commonplace. I can bring Dev somewhere. You can bring Mugil to that location. Let them talk. If they talk for a while, so many problems may be solved."Anu suggested.

Literally, Anu was the one who got first betrayed by Mugil. She can't forget those bitter kidnapping moments in the past. But as Jankai told, Anu had observed Dev many times, though he pretended to pay any heed to Mugil, she very well knew about Dev's secret stalking. She was determined to finish this cold war.

"Of course, Anu. We recently opened a dine-in restaurant on the outskirts of town on a hilltop. This weekend, Mugil might pay a visit. You are welcome to bring Dev over for dinner. Inform the timings before hand. I can ask Mugil to take me there at the same time." Janaki suggested.

"Perfect, Let me ask Dev to take me to that restaurant," Anu said.

"You can also come, Riya," Janaki invited Riya startling her from her deep thoughts.

Anu intervened and rescued Riya.

"Actually, Riya has to visit her hometown. Isn't it, Riya. I will bring her one day."Anu managed to tell.

"Alright, but you have to visit me one day." Janaki pinched Riya's nose fondly, making the latter smile nervously.

Janaki felt happy. She developed her fondness towards Riya.