Chapter 6:: Of course, not!

Author's POV: 

You were pretty shocked and surprised hearing him apologize. But a part of you was rather curious about why he apologized. He was acting suspicious all day and now suddenly, his apology made your suspicion grow even more.
"The files you spilt coffee on weren't exactly necessary. I misplaced them- of course! As a CEO, it's so hard to work and carry on with everything in the company. Haha! Little mistakes in a large city are no deal, right?! So uhm, you didn't do anything much worse. Just take care of  your hand the next time!" He spoke as you stared at him blankly making him look at you a little confused yet curiously. 
"So you're telling me... I got yelled at this morning for nothing?" You asked as he coughed replying, "Of course not! You deserved one! You don't work heartily in the first place.." You eyed him before saying, "Fine! Since I deserve a yelling that badly, why don't you just hire a new worker? Should I resign?" 

"What's with that attitude... I did apologize! You should consider that instead of complaining." He spoke as you sighed saying, "What an ego!" 
"Yah- are you- mocking me right now? I'm still your CEO!" He spoke as you looked at the time before saying, "It's past 5:30 pm. So you are NOT my CEO right now. Your CEO role in my life starts at 7:30 am and ends at 5:30. Thank you." You smiled as he let out an airy scoff before looking at you. 
"I'll forgive you so don't worry. Anyway, I know it's useless even dealing with you. You probably never even talked to females properly before. I can sense that. So, I'll turn a blind eye." You spoke walking away as he processed your words before huffing.

"How dare she- Yah!" He called you but you walked away fast calling a taxi.
"How does she know I didn't talk to any females properly before?!" He asked himself before sighing. The cleaner who was about to head home looked at him before sighing. He glanced at the cleaner before greeting them. Even though he had his ego and temper, he always respected the workers of the company, whether it was a high position director or a cleaner.

                                                                                      ******

A week rolled down the horizon. Every day was just the same for you and Taehyung. Bickerings and weird moments full of chaos. Though after that incident, you never forgot to mock him about this at the right times just as he expected. But he also was starting to be a little nice to you. Not really much but, he sometimes tried to be nice to you, which was staying quiet when you said something instead of retorting back and insulting you. 

That probably wouldn't count as a huge change, right? But you were glad he at least shut his mouth. And today was another chaotic day with Jin visiting his company. Taehyung who was already irritated by you was even more irritated by Jin's presence. Not because of his presence actually but because of you and Jin being the duo and annoying his peace. 

"My gummies," Taehyung spoke rolling his eyes seeing you not bring him his gummy bears. You were already so immersed in talking to Jin, you forgot about his gummies. 
"Y/Nah! You're so responsible. Oppa is so proud of you!" Jin spoke patting your head as you smiled saying, "After all, you're my role model, aren't you?" He chuckled as you smiled. 

Taehyung stared at you both through the big glass window right in front of him. Your desk was across the window in his cabin and he could see what you were doing. 
"Why is she laughing like a maniac? How dare she steal my brother?" He rolled his eyes before groaning.
"My gummies. That sly woman! How dare she not bring my gummies?!" He sulked for a while before calling you through the telephone. You picked it up just to hear Taehyung's voice. You went inside his cabin looking at him confused, "Can't you do your job properly? Why do you keep getting distracted? Is your job only about sitting on that desk?! Don't you know the duties of a secretary?" He asked as you frowned.