Chapter 18:: Lovable at times

Author's POV: 

"This is good!" Taehyung spoke eating the ramyeon as you nodded saying, "I like the eggs."
"It's just a boiled egg?" He asked as you said, "Still! It's good." He sighed at your statement and picked up the egg on his plate with chopsticks before placing it on your bowl making you confused. You looked at him asking, "Why are you giving this to me?"
"I don't want to eat this." He said as you chuckled saying, "Why are you suddenly being kind to me?"
"If you don't want it then let me just take it back!" Taehyung said about to take the egg back but you held his hands saying, "It's fine. Thank you! I'll eat well." He looked at your hands holding his as a fuzzy feeling arose in his heart. You realized what you did and took your hands back looking away.
"S-Sorry." You spoke as he coughed awkwardly drinking some water. You gulped looking down and quickly ate some ramyeon chewing it as fast as you could feeling awkward.

"Slow down!" Taehyung said as you gulped eating slower, yet awkwardly. Some time passed by as you both were done with your food.
"I'll pay." Taehyung said as you said, "I should pay for mine.." He glared at you making you shut up as you looked down. He sighed before paying as you both got out of the restaurant walking on the footpath as Taehyung spoke, "Do you want ice cream?"
"Huh? It's winter though." You said as he sighed saying, "Ice cream tastes the best in winter dumbo." You looked at him confused as he chuckled walking towards the ice-cream stall followed by you.
"A chocolate ice cream." He said as the man nodded taking one out.
"You?" Taehyung asked you as you thought before saying, "Strawberry." He nodded getting one for you as well. He paid as you took your ice cream. 
"Thank you? But what if I get a cold!" You said as he sighed.
"Dry enough." You made a 'tch' noise rolling your eyes as he smiled eating his ice cream. You walked beside him licking your strawberry ice cream. It did taste very good. Sighing, you started eating it without bothering about the weather.

Though you were a little anxious at first, as you ate the ice cream, you realized that it tasted awesome. It was winter, indeed. But still, your ice cream tasted so good. It fit perfectly with the lively street you both were walking in. Taehyung looked at you before saying, "Thanks for helping me in the research." You frowned looking at him and spoke, "Are you sure you're alright? Why are you being so nice today?"
"Can't I?!" He asked as you nodded looking away.
"You can... it's just not like you." You spoke as he sighed saying, "Then what is like me?"
"Being mean and annoying?" You spoke but shut your mouth mumbling a little 'sorry' seeing his deadly stare on you. 

"Go home now." He said as you nodded smiling.
"Thank you for the dinner." You spoke as he nodded rolling his eyes playfully making you let out an airy breath. 
He lifted his hand calling the taxi passing by as it came towards you both. You got in the taxi saying, "See you then, Mr Kim." He nodded waving at you as your taxi left. Taehyung smiled seeing the car drive away.
"What a weirdo I'm wasting my time with." Taehyung chuckled eating his ice cream. You, on the other hand, smiled looking outside the car window while it drove away.

A few days passed by like this. Every day, Taehyung would work extra hours and you would accompany him. Sometimes, till the end of his work which was 8 pm. Or sometimes you would leave early at 7 pm or a little late. Taehyung was always engrossed in his work so you ordered lunch for him. You tried to do some research at home about the topics of the project and sent the files to Taehyung whether he asked for them or not. And you knew, it helped him. 

His behaviour also changed a little these days. It always changed with him towards you, but these days, he was a little quieter. Probably because of the huge workload on his shoulders. It did make you feel a little down at times but you tried helping him as much as you could.