Chapter 14:: A Feeling

--Flashback || The day of the car accident, in the hospital: 

"Then we'll leave!" Mrs Kim spoke as you smiled nodding. As you both bid them goodbye, Taehyung sat on the bed thinking about something. You looked at him and asked, "Mr Kim?" He looked at you with a raised brow.
"Nothing. I was just checking if you're alive." You said as he scoffed saying, "Just sleep! Don't annoy me." You thinned your lips feeling bored and looked here and there.
"Ah.. when are my parents coming?" You whined and spoke, "Mr Kim... you're so lucky! Your parents came right away! Woah, you must've been spoiled with love ever since  your childhood." Taehyung looked at you with a blank look and looked at the ceiling.
"Hmm. I guess." He spoke in a calm voice as you looked at him. His eyes looked a little sad, you frowned feeling weird seeing him look so pitiful. 

"Mr Kim? Are you sad?" You asked as he scoffed saying, "Yah! What makes you think that? I am so happy! Because my parents care about me more than yours do~~" You looked at him offended and spoke, "Woah! What a bragger. Just go away!" You turned your back at him sitting annoyed as he chuckled. You looked back to see him still staring at the ceiling.
'He doesn't look happy at all? Weird.' You thought before shrugging it off.

---2nd day in the hospital

After your parents visited, your dad and Taehyung were sitting inside the room while your m om took you out on a walk. After walking a little, you were coming back inside while your mom was buying some water bottles from the hospital cafe. 
You opened the door a little but stopped hearing your dad speak.

"Mr Kim. Is it because of my daughter?" Your dad asked as Taehyung shook his head saying, "Not really. It was my fault!" 
"Are you sure? She isn't very good at the company while driving. I know it well because I'm her dad." Your dad spoke as you frowned. Taehyung chuckled saying, "I know that too! But it's not because of her. Instead, I am sorry to her for hurting her." 
"Aigo... you seem like a kind man. I don't understand why my daughter was talking so bad about y- I mean, she seems to misunderstand you. Haha!" Your dad spoke as your eyes widened a little knowing Taehyung would not keep you alive after your parents leave. 

---Time skip

After your parents left, you were sitting quietly trying not to get on the bad side of Taehyung. You were waiting for the time when he'd lash out at you. But instead, he was just pretending as nothing happened.
"Yah, do you want to eat anything? I'm going to the cafe." He spoke as you thought about it for a while.
"Sandwich?" You asked as he nodded and then spoke, "What are you sitting there for? Follow me. Food for work, don't you know?" You scoffed slightly at his statement. But got up following him towards the cafe and spoke, "Mr Kim. Are you not mad or annoyed?"
"For what?" He asked as you replied, "Just... mad? For- anything?" He shook his head confusedly and said, "Don't eat my head." You nodded not knowing why he wasn't reacting. 

---End of flashback || Present Time

Taehyung's eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat as your head fell on his chest. He looked down to see you sleeping. He couldn't see you properly because of your head on the left side of his chest. But he could've sworn, if you were awake, you'd be horrified by how loudly his heart was beating.
"D-Do Y/N.." Taehyung spoke in a low voice but you weren't responding, of course, you were asleep. Almost 10 minutes passed by as Taehyung was sitting on the couch while your head was on his chest. Suddenly, you moved a little, causing your head to fall on the couch but before it could, Taehyung held your head and placed it on the couch properly so you don't get hurt. He stared at your face which had some messy strands of your hair on it. Smiling a little, he removed the messy strands of your hair and tucked them behind your ears staring at you. 
"Me? Pitiful? Speak for yourself.." He spoke in a whispering tone staring at you. A weird feeling arose in him, it felt jolly and strange, in a good way.