Chapter 6: Chapter 5

Jun's blood boiled from how stupid the kidnapping is.

Men responsible for it weren't even skilled enough to properly sense her presence behind the bush as she observe them.

They were stupid.

Those people didn't even cover their tracks properly.

They were stupid.

They didn't even bother to hide their face.

They were stupid.

They didn't even have a proper rotation while guarding their victim.

They were stupid.

Very much so.

Especially because they decided to target her children specifically.

-Don't worry Jun, Cartien, and Curtin are relatively safe. I made sure to soften their rough travels while being on the carriage. Dan, the wind elemental who followed and guarded her kids said, comforting her.

She gave a silent thanks to the elemental who had tried their best to protect her children. It's already nighttime when she arrived at the place.

Yet her eyes, after years of running away from pursuers at any given time, she had developed her senses for her survival. That's why she gritted her teeth as she saw the familiar symbol of Guano's Household on the carriage's door.

Tush Guano.

That bastard.

Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she held tightly to the bow she's holding. Eyes scanning for any visible opening.

Even if she was skilled enough to be confident of her shooting skills, nine men, seven underlings, the coachman of the carriage, and Baron who was surely inside the second carriage with the symbol, would still put her at a disadvantage in terms of physical strength and numbers.

It wouldn't be wise to attack head-on since it would only guarantee her loss. An ambush would be a much smarter move. Perfect for the long-ranged weapon she brought with her.

She watched with rapid attention as the noble got out of his carriage when a man (that would be ten in total then) exit the building, and he entered in turn.

Her eyes secured the other individual's positions once again.

'Those torches are enough for me,'

'Elementals, my friends, please help me today as well.' She said before pulling an arrow from her back and positioning it on her bow. She pulled, then let go. Silently and efficiently, perfectly hitting their vital points.

Jun repeated the action in succession as men dropped like flies, and until only the coachman is left, which she swiftly walked towards to and before he could let out any noise, Jun chopped her hand on his nape, leaving him unconscious yet the only one left alive.

They didn't even see a strand of her hair.

Jun quickly entered the building, footsteps as light as air, careful not to alert anyone inside.

" . . . she wouldn't."

It was the voice of her son! She immediately turned her head towards where the sound came from only to feel her heartbeat more rapidly in fury.

"Why you--!"

Face turning into a scowl, vision turning red, she put ammunition on her bow, pulled, and let go swiftly and in an instant.

The elementals must've felt her aggression and desperation that they helped the arrow speed up and pierce through the scum's hand that was about to land a hit on her child.