Chapter 8: Part I: Chapter 7

"How about we start at? .." To be honest, Cartien really has planned nothing after trying to find the perfect time to talk to his twin.

In hindsight, he probably should've thought about how to start the 'talk' and plan what he's going to say. ".. .What we were doing before we got reincarnated?"

A perfect starter. Cartien mentally pats his back. It would be good to know if they came from the same 'version' of Korea.

Because if he got reincarnated here in another dimension, which he is a hundred percent convinced that he's in another dimension, then there's no way that other universes or dimensions out there don't actually exist.

"Was that a question?" But his twin had the gals to deadpan at him.

"No."

"Why did you sound unsure?"

"No, I didn't."

"Okay," Cartien's eye twitched from how Curtin sounded unconvinced.

Cartien was about to open his mouth to give some sort of retort when Curtin opened his mouth again and started talking.

Curtin easily and unconsciously slips Korean words while talking.

"I was with my team and we were tasked to subjugate monsters that day." Cartien's eyes widened, " And the monster on the vicinity was an unranked one which our favorite Support Team Member hadn't predicted. I died while battling the monster in the frontlines."

'No way.' It sounded similar. Too similar that Cartien almost put his expectations high. Cartien stayed still from hearing Curtin's past, he wasn't even sure if he was still breathing. He forced himself to get a grip.

Curtin on the other hand closed his eyes for a second as the memories from the event of his death flashed behind his eyelids before breathing in and out. As he opened his eyes, he noticed that his twin remained silent.

"How about you?" He asks watching as Cartien suddenly breathes in. Curtin flinches when his twin suddenly slaps his own cheeks.

He blurts, "What was that for?"

Cartein laughs as he internally composes himself again, "Nothing you need to know."

"That just makes me more curious. You're obligated to tell me now "

" Anyway," Cartien cuts Curtin off making Curtin click his tongue, and Cartien smiles a little in return, "Me too."

"Huh?"

"I meant that what happened to you was what I was doing too before I suddenly woke up here. I died on the frontlines while battling an unranked monster that one of my team members have not quite expected. I was the Team Leader though. See? Almost exactly as what happened to you." Cartien

Cartien waited for . . . something, what that something was? He wasn't quite sure but he attentively watched for his twin's next reaction.

Only to see an affronted expression as Curtin says, "You mean to tell me that I didn't die and reincarnate like a super cool and unique main character?"

"It seems like it's a universal experience especially since it was the Apocalypse." Cartien watched his younger twin look offended by the discovery. He can't help but break into a smile as Curtin says,

"Damn it," Under his breath.

Yes. No matter who or what they were in their past lives.

Except if his twin was actually some pedophile or rapist in his past life. Or a serial killer, psychopath, and whatever, the point is that he had been attached to his new sibling in this new life.