Chapter 7:Part I: Chapter 6

Summary:

Here's a chapter centered on Cartien's point of view:

Cartien watched his mother hesitantly step out of their house's door to go out and buy their food for a bit.

Cartien couldn't really fault her for her paranoia, since he and his twin practically got kidnapped while she was away at her work.

He gave his mother a comforting smile that pushed her to finally go.

It had exactly been a week since the incident happened and the neighborhood old ladies had knocked on their doors several times to check on them.

The bakery, that was owned by Rudolph before he died, that his uncle took over and hired their mother for a part-time job had also come to tell her that she could take leave and still get paid so she shouldn't worry much.

Though that compromise would only last for a week and a half, their mother along with the both of them was still grateful for the consideration.

The other places where their mother works part-time jobs understood their current predicament and kindly let Jun have left at work to take care of him and his twin.

Cartien thinks that their mother had entered an overprotective state from what had transpired. He and his twin weren't oblivious of the fact that their mother was the one responsible for the current information that is being spread through the village along to the city.

Frankly, the twins were absolutely amazed by how nothing from the incident was even traced back to their mother in the slightest inch.

Cartien, a Team Leader for a party of subjugating monsters in his world was highly impressed by how competent his mother would've been and how efficient an ability user she could've been if she is put into his past world.

The eldest of the twin had also deducted that their mother must've had possessed some type of ability or power to be able to do everything incredibly.

He sighed as he watched the door close with a click. Eyes traveling towards his younger twin who looked like he is about to succumb to sleep any moment now from how his head tilted forward and back.

After the initial shock from the kidnapping had subsided, he had been itching to pull his twin aside and confront him about the sudden information drop back before some random dude decided to monologue about their kidnapping.

Korean, huh?

Cartien, who had thought he'd never hear that term or even the language ever again is stuck between feeling relief that he isn't alone in this new peaceful world or being angry at the Gods for not letting him just survive the monster attack back at Earth and continue life with his newfound family in the apocalypse.

Cartien had a dream once, back in his world before it had been riddled with chaos and monster.

Cartien had no choice but to turn his back away from that dream when people started dying left and right as the apocalypse began.

Cartien had no choice but to struggle to survive along with other people.

But it was Cartien-no, Lee Soo Hyuk's choice to save people and gather them to fight alongside him, it was his choice to treat them like family even though he was aware that any day some of them could die out there.

And it was Lee Soo Hyuk's choice to battle the unranked monster that suddenly attacked them even though it was very clear that his team's survival was low.

Yet he thought that even if just one of them could survive, if just one of them, specifically that stone-faced punk who refused to call him hyung no matter how he tried to force him to, it would be worth it.