𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙

TW: MENTIONS OF SH.

Aven leaned over, leaning her elbows on the table.

Avery stood behind her, rubbing her back. "It's okay Av-"

Aven stood up quickly. "No! It isn't okay!"

"Aven-"

"My sister is f—-ing dead! Nothing about this is okay!"

The 3 younger kids sat down at a table across from the counselors, watching everything unfold. Sam looked at Kate, who was sitting right next to her. "Hey..How's your stomach?"

Kate looked down at the wound.

"It hurts, but I'll be okay." She smiled. "Thanks."

Drew looked at the two girls. "Yeah Kate, if you need any help we'll help you."

Kate smiled for the first time that night.

Aven ran off, which got the kid's attention.

Avery followed right behind her.

--------

Aven sat on the floor, her legs were curled up just enough so she could lay her head on them.

The girl sobbed, tears dripping onto the floor. She didn't even notice when Avery sat down next to her, in the same position.

She gently laid her head on Aven's shoulder.

"Let it out. It's okay."

Aven continued to cry. Her sister, and all of the bodies she'd seen flashed through her mind.

"It's all my fault, isn't it."

Avery pushed the girl's head up, soon they were looking right into each other's eyes. "Nothing about this is your fault Av. You couldn't have stopped any of this. You can't keep blaming yourself, i-"

Aven tilted her head, implying for the girl to finish her sentence.

"I don't want to lose you.."

Aven smiled and grabbed Avery's hand. "Lose me? I'm not going anywhere Ry."

Avery looked down.

"That isn't what I meant."

A somber expression crept over the blonde's face.

"Oh."

Aven put her head back down. "I just miss her. She was so..so happy. She was so excited to see Hope this summer..and there they were, dying..together."

The girl choked on her words, as tears continued to fall down her face.

"It..It should have been me that died."

Avery squeezed her hand. "Don't say that."

Aven ignored her, and kept talking. Her voice got more hoarse as she talked.