one ↺ dreamscapes

"We're dancing in the moonlight."

Fallen leaves crunched under her gray boots, crumbling the stark yellows, reds, and oranges that screamed Autumn

Fallen leaves crunched under her gray boots, crumbling the stark yellows, reds, and oranges that screamed Autumn. Her hands extended from her body, hesitant to touch the luscious petals of the tulips that surrounded her. The pads of her fingers brushed against the leaves for mere milliseconds before she pulled them back, unwilling to erase the illusion.

She refused to be curious.

She stood of short stature, barely reaching the five feet mark, and held herself timidly as she ventured through the colorful meadows. Her pale skin was the brightest under the radiant sun, luminescent under the soft golden rays that showered her. Her thin, heart-shaped lips tugged into a smile, doll-like cat eyes fluttering shut as she basked under the tingling feeling of the fall breeze blowing past her.

Giddily, she spun, her voluminous curled hair chasing her in circles as she extended her arms.

She felt as though she was in a paradise, an illusion of her true happiness. The vibrant blues blurred outside of the flowers, transposing the viridescent greens of the leaves. The lines of reality blurred into a hazy mist, but she didn't mind.

No, she reveled in the sunlight that cascaded upon her.

"Minjeong!"

The stark voice dulled the skies, clouds slowly covering the sun as the girl frowned, no longer comforted by the warmth of the golden rays.

Can't I have even a moment of peace?

Without hesitating, the fair girl snapped her eyes open, immediately deadpanning at the boy straight in front of her eyes.

Puffy hair, big hooded eyes, thin but plump lips—his beauty was no less outstanding than hers. However, whereas she graced the Earth like a boundless fairy, he stood tall and boasted kindness.

"What do you want, Jaeyun?" she sighed, sitting up straight against the gray wall she had dozed off against.

Jaeyun chuckled, a faint smile lingering on his thinned lips as he spoke up. "I'm eating ramen for lunch—wanna come?"

Minjeong smiled softly, swiftly standing up as she nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

Jake and Minjeong quickly climbed into the grandiose elevator at the end of the seemingly empty basement, ready to exit their house in search of their favorite food place down the streets of Seoul.

Exiting the elevator of their apartment building the moment it lands on the first floor, Jake and Minjeong speedily shrug on a coat. They stepped into the chilling air of February without hesitation. Minjeong paid no mind to the people around her, and Jaeyun continued to ignore the conversations of others. The pair were truly in their own world.

Turning the corner to the bustling main road, the two came to a stop at the corner, turning to face the rustic building in the midst of the shopping district. The missing letters within the standard sign that adorned the roof of the store never ceased to bring a smile to Minjeong's face.