four ↺ we meet again

"There's a universe within your eyes."

Minjeong held her iced chocolate firmly within her hand, the chilled drink despite the harsh winters energizing her for the day ahead

Minjeong held her iced chocolate firmly within her hand, the chilled drink despite the harsh winters energizing her for the day ahead. Although she woke up early every day, her body only felt more tired at the thought of attending college. What's worse? Today wasn't even the start of classes. Today was the orientation.

Jaeyun, being a third-year at the same prestigious university Minjeong would soon set foot in, had already left to prepare for the department activities. Minjeong was fine with not seeing her brother—they were in different majors and didn't mind not seeing each other around campus. She was, however, annoyed that she needed to figure out where the daunting building was in the district.

"In thirty meters, take a right," the robotic voice chirped away in her headphones, nagging her to no end.

Minjeong despised automated voices. It took everything in her not to mock the navigation app out loud, releasing her desires to maintain some normalcy within the society she walked through. She didn't want to be labeled as crazy.

When she stumbled upon the grandeur building set right in the middle of the district, she paused for a moment to take it in. Save for the intricate black gate that decorated the entrances to the campus, the actual building was rather...normal.

"So much hype for a lame-ass building," Minjeong muttered, begrudgingly taking a step further inside the grounds, eventually reaching the front doors with a large crowd of students.

Soon, she was barraged by people left and right as incoming students tried to rush into the auditorium for orientation. Each passing moment caused a feeling of regret to stir in her stomach as thoughts and curses aimed at herself floated through her mind.

"Hey! Everyone calm down and slowly pass through!" someone yelled from within the crowd.

For some reason, those few words instantly quelled the chaotic state they had previously been in. Feeling people stop ramming in her sides, Minjeong let out a relieved sigh, already extremely tired of the day.

Little by little, the disorderly group managed to finish the tedious task of sitting in a chair within the auditorium. To Minjeong's left was a boy dressed in a hoodie that hid their face. Uninterested, she faced the right, immediately taken aback by the sheer beauty of the girl that sat next to her.

"Holy shit, you're stunning," Minjeong breathed out as the words tumbled past her lips, slipping before she could even contemplate what she was going to say.

Slowly, the auburn-haired girl turned her face, a small smile elegantly lingering on her face.

"Sweetheart, have you seen yourself?" the smooth voice casually spoke, a playful tone lacing each word. "I'm Joo Sena."

Minjeong relaxed in her seat, feeling as though she met someone unique and intriguing for once. She nodded her head once as if contemplating something in her head, slowly facing forward as a staff member came forward to begin the orientation.