three ↺ start

"Should I be scared of the butterflies?"

"Sorry once again," the unfamiliar boy spoke, shaking Minjeong out of her thoughts

Minjeong snapped her eyes upward, realizing that the crouching boy she'd accidentally crashed into now towered over her. For a brief moment, she's entrapped by his rather refreshing visuals. Cat-like rounded eyes, small yet heart-shaped lips, cute dimples as he apologetically smiled at her—she didn't expect to run into someone so unexpectedly cute.

Only when he made his way around her did she remember where she was, and more importantly, what she was on her way to accomplish.

"Have a nice day~"

His clear voice rang in her ears as she quickly bowed apologetically, frazzled by the sudden crash that had occurred.

"Y-You too," she quickly hid her stutter, hoping the young male wouldn't notice. As he walked away, she couldn't help but glance back at him once again. The broad shoulders she'd accidentally crashed into faded into the distance, yet she couldn't seem to look away.

I wonder if I'll ever see him again.

Minjeong was pulled out of her thoughts, however, when the accented voice of Jaeyun rang out within the chilling air.

"Minjeong! We gotta go!" 

She looked ahead to the male covered in extra layers of strengthened black clothing, protecting him from more than just the cold. The hurried expression within his facial features gave it all away—they were running out of time. And they couldn't afford the consequences of running out of time.

Quickly, she scurried toward her brother, easily catching up to him as they sped through the shopping districts of Seoul in order to reach the residential districts. Both of them consumed the same, purplish drink within a small vial, blending in with the crowd and eventually the rest of their environments—invisible to the bare human eye.

Houses and trees lined the much more peaceful streets within this particular area, a peculiar aura wafting around the seemingly peaceful alleys. The two siblings could see straight past the mirage of normalcy, however.

"Do you hear it?" Jaeyun asked, tightening his hand around the hilt of his dagger, shining golden under his touch.

Minjeong closed her eyes for mere seconds, focusing solely on her sense of hearing. The sound of sizzling coals slowly wafted into her ears, seemingly mere feet away from where they stood. Heat slowly seemed to envelop both of them, the layers of clothing they found themselves under rendered practically useless.

Jaeyun jumped from his spot first, shifting his body to the right. He quickly unsheathed the uncanny dagger, dashing straight toward coal rock on the floor. Minjeong sighed, unable to stop her elder brother from rushing. With a smile, she watched as he was thrown backward within mere seconds, unable to contain her giggles at his weak attempt to hurt whatever they'd come across.