Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

I can't believe it... if only I had stayed here. I could' have made sure no one mess with Richie or any of his friends. But oh well... I had no choice that time. I have to move because I don't want anyone to know my secret.

-The Barrens-

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to someone shaking me. I open my eyes sleepily to see Richie's face. I jump at the closeness, which makes him burst out laughing. I roll my eyes and smack the back of his head.

"Do you have to scare me?! Not to mention... so early in the morning??" I said. "Sorry, cuz. The others and I are going to hang out today. So... I'm wondering if you'd like to come? Just so you won't feel lonely at home..." he said. I nod my head and get up. I turn to look at him, to see him still standing where he is. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Well? What're you waiting for? Get out! So I can get ready!" I said. "Oh right... uh... sorry..." he said out of embarrassment. He turns around and walks out of my room. I shake my head and head the washroom to take a shower.

***

I'm leaning against the kitchen counter. We are now in Eddie's house. They are packing some snack for our little trip. Richie told me that we'll be going to the barren. I was confused why would we go to a place like that.

Richie told me they're trying to look for Georgie. He is Bill's younger brother, who's been missing for the past months. He also told me that Georgie isn't the first boy that went missing. There were a lot of other kids. This makes me start to grow suspicious about this place. It's not because I'm scared, because I'm not scared at all. I'm just worried for my cousin and my newly found friends.

"Take everything except for the good stuff guys. My mom loves them..." Eddie said. I just stay silent as I watch them. Richie walks over to a cabinet and open it. "Are these birth control pills?" He said. "Yes! I'm saving them for your sister! These are private stuff!" Eddie said. "Oh... I think you mean cousin? Because I have no sister" Richie said. Eddie froze as his cheek starts to turn a light shade of pink.Hmm... Eddie's kind of cute. Okay, what the hell am I thinking??

I shake my head. "What the heck, Richie?!" I yelled. I walk over to him and smack his head. "Ow..." he said in a low voice, while rubbing his head. I roll my eyes at him.

After a while, we're finally ready to go. I sling my bag around my shoulder. Then we make our way to the front door. But before we are able to leave the house, a voice stops us.

"Eddie bear... where are you and your friends going in such a rush?" A woman's voice said. We turn our heads to see Eddie's mom, sitting on the couch. "We a-are going t-t-to my house. I h-have a n-n-new..." Bill stuttered. "Croquet set! Geez' spit it out Bill..." Richie said, nudging Bill.

"Okay... oh don't roll around the grass. Especially if it's been freshly cut. You know how bad your allergy can get..." she said. I notice that she's mostly staring at me most of the time. I can see the judging look in them. I just look away from her, not wanting to look into her eyes any further. It's... I don't know, it just triggers something in me.

"Okay, mom..." Eddie said, as he gestures us to get going. We turn to leave the house, but gets stops once again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She said. Eddie pauses for a few moments. He lets out a sigh and walks over to his mom, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

Richie snickers next to me. Eddie walks back to us. "Do you want one from me too, Mrs. K?" Richie said. Eddie quickly push him out of the house. The rest of us following close behind them.

Time-skip

"That's poison ivy... that's poison ivy... and that is poison ivy" Stanley said. "Which one?" Eddie said, looking nervous. "Neither, Ed..." I said. "She's right. Not everything is poison ivy" Richie said. "Yeah... so stop being so paranoid..." I said, making my way into the barren.

"Aren't you guys coming in?" Richie said. I turn my head to see Eddie and Stanley still standing outside. Eddie looks at the water below us and shudders.

He shakes his head. "Nah ah... that's grey water" he said. "What the hell is grey water??" Richie said. "It's basically... piss and shit! I'm telling you guys. You're splashing around in millions gallons of Derry's pees" he said, in disgust.

"It doesn't smell like cacā to me senor" Richie said, after sniffing a stick. "That's gross, Richie..." I said. "See! Even your cousin agrees! Have you heard of staph infection??" Eddie said. "Oh I'll show you staff infection" Richie said, throwing something at Eddie, who shrieks and backs away.

"Are you retarded??" He said, angrily. I let out a sigh at their bickering. "Guys, come on! Knock it off! You are forgetting why we're here for" I said. "Sorry..." Eddie said. I turn my head to see Bill reaching down for something. A shoe.

"Is that?" I asked. "No... Georgie wore galoshes" he said. "Who's shoe is that?" I asked, walking closer to him. "Betty..." he said. I feel bad for the girl. I turn my head to look further into the barren. I can feel something in there... something... evil.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Someone said. I snap out of it and turn to look at Richie. "Yeah... why?" I said. "I don't know... you just seem, dazed" he said. "Oh..." I said. Out of no where, a chubby boy runs through the water. He looks beaten up.

"Are you okay??" I asked. I rush over to him. I stop when I notice the blood stains on his shirt and looks away. There's also a few blood dripping from his face.

The sight of blood really excites me greatly. I know exactly why I feel this way... so I better stand back as to not hurt the boy. He's already hurt enough as he is right now.

I gulp down the urge and take a couple steps back, a little further away from the boy. I just let the others handle this one. If I stand any closer, I'm afraid that I would lose myself and start attacking the poor boy. So I'm going to have to stand back on this one.

*to be continued*