Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

I have to be more careful, if I don't want them to find out my secret. If this goes on... if I continue to let myself slip up. It won't be long until they find out the truth. I don't want them to know... I don't want them to be scared of me.

-The Festival-

Y/N P.O.V

Today, The Losers Club and I decided to head for the festival that is being held in town. I've never been to one, there isn't much where I came from. So this is pretty much the first festival we'll be in.

After a while, we finally reach the festival. Eddie head to an ice cream truck to buy some ice cream. He turns to look at me. "Do you want some, Y/N?" He asked. I turn to him and shake my head. "No, thanks..." I said. He nods his head and head off.

I notice the others went over to a wall. I notice it's a poster of the missing kids. They starts to flip through the posters. I lean my back against the wall, zoning out. My mind went back to my past. How I struggled to hide my true self.

Flashback

I'm walking down the hallway of my new school. I keep my hood on, trying to seal myself away from their judging eyes. I don't want to deal with any of them right now. I know... I'll only cause trouble if I deal with them.

"Hey, freak!" Someone yelled out. I ignored them, adjusting my hood to hide myself better. I walk passed them, only to have one of them pushed me with so much force that I crash into the lockers.

I just stayed silent, because I don't feel any pain. But that doesn't mean I'm not mad. In all honesty, I'm fuming right now. It took every fiber in my body to not lunged at them.

"Just what are you, huh? Other people would start crying from pain. But you didn't even let out just a single sound. Are you perhaps mute?" The person said. I turn my head away, not wanting them to see my face.

"Hey! Look at us when we're talking to you! Sheesh! You have no manners" he said again. I scoff at what he said. "What was that? Did you say something?" Another said.

"How pathetic... you said I don't have manners. But here you are, bullying people around. Don't that sound sad?" I said. I felt my shirt getting pulled and turned to face then harshly. They're glaring at me, but I just gave them an emotionless face.

"So you CAN talk..." one of them said. "Oh, I can do more than you think" I said, coldly. "Why you-" he said, raising his hand. But before he could land a hit on me, he starts to groan in pain.

He falls on his knees, clutching onto his chest. I just smile sadistically as I crouch down. "Not so tough now, are you?" I said, smirking at him. He started to struggle to breathe.

Eventually, I let him free. He take a deep breath and lay on the ground. I stand up and turn to the others. They back away in fear. I lift my hand at them. They flinched and ran away.

End of Flashback

"Y/N!" Someone yelled out. I jump at the voice and turn to see Richie. "What?" I said. "What? That's what you said? I literally have been calling you for the past 15 minutes! Are you okay?" He said, looking at me with a worried gaze.

"Oh... I'm alright. Don't worry..." I said, waving my hand. He just nods his head. We turn around and walk towards where the others are gathering. I take a seat next to Eddie. I look up at the sky as they start talking about the missing case of the kids around Derry.

"I just don't get it. How come we all see different things?" Stanley said. "Shape shifter..." I said. They turn to look at me. "W-What makes y-you think t-that?" Bill asked. I turn to look at him.

"I mean... think about it. IT knows what we're afraid of, and turn to them to scare us. I'm guessing he gets the power he have from the fear" I said. All of them just nods their heads, agreeing that I might be right about this.

"That makes sense..." Richie said. "Why? What are you scared of?" I asked. He fix his glasses as he turn to look at something. I follow his gaze to see clowns. He turns to look at us. "Clowns..." he said. "He didn't have to turn into anything then..." I said, rolling my eyes at what he said.

"What about you, Y/N? What's your fear?" Eddie asked, turning to me. "None..." I said. "You're not scared of anything?" He said, looking surprised. "Not that I know of..." I said, shrugging at what he said.

I'm not scared of anything because usually I'm the one being feared. Maybe that's why IT didn't bother me, because IT knows that he doesn't have any affect on me.

I'm not worried about IT hunting me down... I'm worried for my cousin and his friends. With the missing kids all around Derry happening. I'm so worried that they might be IT's next target.

"There you go again..." I hear Richie said. "Huh?" I said, turning to look at him. "What's bothering you, Y/N? You rarely zoned out. But you've been doing it lately" he said. "I'm fine, Richie..." I said. I move to stand up and turn to look at the others.

"I have to go..." I said. I turn around. I was about to walk away, when I feel a hand grabs mine. I turn to see Eddie. "Why do you keep running away. Right after we asked something... or when something happened. You always left. Do you have a problem? If so, you know you can talk to us. We're worried about you" he said.

I clench my free hand tightly at what he said. I don't wanna tell him nor any of them the secret that I've been hiding. I don't want them to scared of me. I don't want to see the look of fear in their eyes each time they look at me.

I move my hand away from theirs. "Sorry... I don't want to talk about that. At least... not yet..." I said, without looking at them. I run away before they can say anything else.

I feel tears streaming down both of my cheeks. The burden I've been feeling ever since I found out about this secret. It's been so hard to live my life. It's hard to fit in.

Especially trying to find friends. They'll leave as soon as they find out about my secret. They will always be afraid of me. I hated it. I wish I could've just be a normal girl. Not this cursed child.

*to be continued*