:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:5: The Supernatural

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

I've been thinking about this story and I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

Chapter Five: The Supernatural

“Will one of you tell me what the hell is going on?” Again they ignore me, staring each other down, waiting for the other to back down. Minutes ticked by, hell maybe even hours I don't know, and neither of them moved, ignoring my very presence in the room and my anger increased with every minute. “Fine! Be assholes about it, I'm going to Eva's.”

I stomp from the room, knowing my reaction is childish but not really caring as I walk to the front door, cursing them both under my breath. Why do men always have to be so... so annoying? Is it like ingrained in their brains to be complete morons or do they just learn it when they get older? I don't see what the big deal is about all of this and my dad's reaction to Xavier being from the reservation just pisses me off even more.

“Arianna, wait,” I squeak in surprise when his hand latches onto my arm, stopping me from slamming the front door in his face. Trying to jerk my arm from his grasp is futile, but I try anyway, glaring back at him when he chuckles at my failed attempts at freedom. The humor slowly falls from his expression, the seriousness in his eyes making me almost nervous. “I believe there may be somethings I should explain to you about myself. If your father is alright with that?”

Dad frowns angrily at Xavier's hand on my arm, obviously put out that I don't try harder to get away from him. But why would I want to move when it feels like I should stay right where I am? “I don't like the two of you alone together, just because you've sworn to protect my daughter does not mean I trust your kind. I don't want you showing her anything, explain it as simply as you can then leave.”

“Okay, now you're really starting to piss me off. What's going on?” Why can't they just spit it out already?! What could be so bad that they're trying to kill me with the suspense? It irks me that I want to know so badly and that they just keep quiet every time I ask for answers. If they don't get to talking before I start going gray then I'm going to hurt someone.

“It would be better if she saw for herself what I am, you know this yourself. It will be easier for me to protect the both of you if she understood the consequences of this situation.” Hello, am I invisible or something? Is that what is, they just don't know I'm in the room? “I will not hurt her, you have my word.”

I sigh dramatically, tugging my arm out of Xavier's grip as they continue to stare at each other, ignoring me when I snap my fingers in their faces. “Daddy, Trevor said he wanted to take me to the Fall Dance and I think I might go with him.” Dad absolutely hates Trevor, if there's one sure way for me to end up grounded then its bring up Trevor and date in the same sentence, but right now its like they've both gone deaf. “Hello? Did you hear me?” Nothing, no reaction, no blinking, nothing. Assholes. “Fine, I'll just go down to main street and start hooking the corners, what do you think of that!?”