:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:12: Too Much Too Soon (Part 2)

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

Chapter 12: Too Much Too Soon (Part 2)

He wants to talk, about what, though? I mean, there's not really much that hasn't already been said, is there? At least, I have nothing to say. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel, how I'm supposed to think, or what I'm supposed to say to him. If I knew any of those things I'd be better able to handle all of this, but not knowing how to react to my own damn emotions scares the hell out of me.

"About what?" Playing dumb to all of this seems like the wisest decision I could make at the moment. It'll most likely not work, but I've got no other game plan. How am I supposed to deal with his presence all the time when he's got me so flustered? I've never been so confused over my feelings for a guy before, never dealt with emotions this strong where he's concerned, and it doesn't really seem fair that he's always so calm and collected.

He frowns down at me, shutting my bedroom door silently behind him, effectively blocking any exit I could use. "I think you know what, Arianna. I do not want to leave things between us the way they are." He says, like it'd be a capital crime to let me regain my senses for one night, without worrying about tempering my reaction to him.

"Can't we talk about this tomorrow? I'm drunk, I think I might hurl and I really don't wanna talk about this when I don't know what the hell I'm feeling or thinking, alright? Its all confusing enough without having to put it into words." Confusing isn't the right word for any of this, it doesn't even begin to describe it. None of this is fair. He seems so sure of himself and this entire situation, while I'm so-I don't even know what I am right now and I don't even really want to think about it. Is that so hard to understand?

I just want some time to myself to think about what the hell I'm feeling, to try and grasp everything that's happened so quickly. That's all. Its not like I'm asking for something terribly difficult to give, is it? Is giving me time and space to think about the conflicting thoughts and emotions running through my head really that hard to do?

"If you want me to leave I will, I promise you that. But... I am sorry for this, Arianna. If I could have kept the bond from starting to form I would have, but it is there and there is no stopping it now that it has started. I will leave, perhaps once I get back you will feel more inclined to want to see me."

"You'll be back as soon as those guys that are after you are gone." There was really no need to say it aloud because it was obvious from the look in his eyes. It bothered me that he was going to kill those men, but not because he was going to kill someone. It bothered me because I didn't want him to get hurt. How screwed up is that? I don't care that he's going to take someone's life, I only care that he could get hurt in the process.

"Yes, as soon as I have taken care of the hunters following me. I am sorry I got you involved in this, though, I wish there were some way to be sure you were safe while I am gone." So do I. I wish there were a way I could be sure he was safe so I wouldn't worry myself sick.

"Well then why don't you stay with me?" I don't understand it, but I don't want him to go off on his own looking for those guys, hunters, or whatever you want to call them, knowing there is a possibility he could get hurt or killed in the process. I don't like the thought of something happening to him.

He smiles, grabs my hand, lifts it to his lips and kisses the back of it. "Arianna, I wish I could, but they will only follow my trail, I am afraid I have not been as discrete as I should. The faster I get this taken care of the faster I will know for certain you are safe, Arianna."

I shake my head, shaking from head to toe from the emotion in his voice. Its too much, its all just too much. How the hell am I supposed to react to the this? There's been too many surprises in one day, way too many. I can deal with him being a Werewolf, if I couldn't I would have run when he first told me. Right? But I don't think I can handle the rest of this. I love that he cares about me, possibly more than I should, but I don't know how to handle how he makes me feel.