:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:18: Together

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

Chapter 18: Together

“Are you okay?” Tessa asks quietly, putting the lid down on the toilet to sit. “You sure you wanna do this now? No one would blame you if you don't, its completely normal to-”

“Its fine, Tess. Its been two months, I can't stay in bed forever. Besides, its my graduation. How can I not go?” It wasn't that I didn't want to go, it was more the fact that I was avoiding Trevor.

Two months have past since his father murdered mine and I think we've both been wary of the confrontation coming after that. I mean, what do you say to a person after that? Its not like there's some rule book on how the conversation is supposed to go, believe me I've looked.

“I'm not talking about Trevor and graduation, Ari. I'm talking about you and Xavier moving in together. Not only will you be away from the only home you've ever had, but you'll be learning what Pack life is about. Are you sure you want to do this now? You'll starting college, that's going to be a lot by itself.”

“I'm never going to be ready for Pack life, Tess. I love Xavier, though, this is what I want. I wouldn't be doing it, unless I was positive. Besides, it'll be kinda hard to have the mating ceremony if we're not living together, right?”

She beams at me, standing to give me an awkward hug around her distended belly. “So you mean he asked? Finally, I thought he'd keep talking himself out of it.”

“So did I.”

It would've been funny to watch him make himself so nervous about what my reaction would be to his asking me to marry him, if he'd still slept in the same bed with me while he was doing it. Its kinda hard to find anything amusing when you can't sleep at night. But it was still amusing to have him stutter his way through the proposal until Xander'd called him a wimp and threatened to do it himself.

“How long did it take him to get the words out?” Tessa asks, chuckling to herself when the sound of the front door slamming echoes throughout the house.

“Arianna!” Nessa shouts, stomping her way up the stairs towards my bedroom.

“In here, Ness.” I stick my head out the bathroom door grinning at the almost normalcy of today. “I don't know how long it took him. I was too shocked to pay attention to anything but him.” So technically Xavier's all I seem to pay attention to anymore, but can you blame me?

“Yea, he's never been very good at professing his undying love.” Tessa laughs, wincing when Nessa slams my bedroom door shut. “V, honey, leave the door on its hinges, would ya?”

Nessa scowls at her as she leans against the bathroom doorway. “Tessa you're going to be short one brother soon.” She sniffs disdainfully, shooting me a little frown. “Are you not ready, yet?”