:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:17: Going Home

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

I know, it took forever for me to get this chapter up and I'm so very sorry for that. I just couldn't concentrate on this and I had the hardest time figuring out what I wanted to write. There is only one chapter left after this and I am working on it now, so it should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Please COMMENT & VOTE & support for the Watty Awards. Please.

Chapter 17: Going Home

My head is killing me when I wake up again, aching worse than a bad tooth ache. The world tilts on its axis when I try to push myself up from the chair, my stomach lurches and I sink back down into my seat. Momentarily dazed from the nausea swirling through me, I don't notice at first Nessa's unconscious body laying on the floor at my feet. That is, I don't notice her until my foot catches on her stomach and I fall face first onto the floor over top her.

“Nessa?” My voice sounds husky to my own ears, my throat dry and itchy from the lack of anything to drink. From where I am in the room the sky is pitch black out the window, clouds hiding the moon from lighting the shadows.

What the hell happened?

Last thing I remember was asking Trevor's father and my own why exactly they wanted Xavier and everything after that is blank. Something must have happened for my head to be pounding the way it is. They must have done something to Nessa and God only knows where Trevor is at the moment.

“Nessa, wake up.” I shake her shoulder, reveling in the drawn out groan she emits as she rolls over onto her back. “Thank god.” At least this way I know she's still alive, but it doesn't tell me what happened or how we both ended up unconscious in the same room when I'm pretty sure she was still in the basement.

“Wha-what happened?” She groans loudly, again, blinking bleary eyes up at me. “My head is killing me. Ari? Where's Trevor?”

“I don't know. Do you know how you got up here?” Staring around a pitch black room looking for anything out of place really isn't as easy as they make it look in the movies. In fact, its almost entirely impossible. The only thing I can make out is the odd shapes of, what I'm going to assume, is the furniture around us.

For all I know we're not even in the same house anymore. We could be half way across the country by now and Nessa and I would have no idea because we'd been out cold. Damn it, what the hell is wrong with these people?

What kind of person kidnaps a guy's girlfriend-if that's even what I am to Xavier-just because the guy's not human? What kind of father lets some maniac kidnap his daughter? Its so ridiculous! This is something Nessa, Eva, and I would be laughing about if it were in some stupid horror movie.

“Do I look like I know how I got up here? And where is here anyway?” Nessa sits up, pushing my hand off her shoulder roughly. “The least they could do is turn on the damn lights.” Grumbling under her breath about how 'inconsiderate' our kidnappers were she stumbled around me in a circle, before tripping over the chair behind me.