:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:9: Awkward Silences

The Werewolf On My Doorstep

From what we're being told my dad's going to be getting out of the hospital sometime at the beginning of next week, so hopefully after that I'll have more time to write.

Chapter 9: Awkward Silences

You know I've heard about those kisses that are supposedly one in a million. Those mind blowing, toe curling, heart pounding kisses that leave you thinking it was all a dream. I've seen them in movies, read about them in books but I've never experienced one before. Under different circumstances I might have enjoyed it, hell might nothing I would have enjoyed it, but the fact that I just learned that Xavier isn't human and watched him almost kill Dunkan made kissing him just feel weird.

Even though my fist is still burning in pain and I love the feel of his mouth on mine my fist curls again and before I've even thought it through clearly I'm hitting him on the side of the face again. The impact of my sore hand on his face has no effect on him, not that I'd expected it to, but it has me resorting to desperate measures. My knee fires upward, between his legs and I feel a small sliver of guilt as he grunts in pain, jerking his head back from mine in surprise.

“What the hell is the matter with you!?” He growls low in his throat as I squirm in his arms, trying to move away from the heat of his body. His arm coils tighter around my waist, pulling me tighter to him as his head descends again, eyes locked on mine. “No, don't-”

His lips settle back on mine and the sparks start in my system once again as my mind shuts down completely. Instinct takes over as I move my lips with his, wrapping my arms around his neck as both of his wrap around my waist. My entire body starts tingling, from head to toe, as he growls again, grinding his hips against mine when Trevor's voice interrupts my momentary bliss.

“What the hell are you doing! For God's sake Ari, he just attacked Dunkan and you're making out with him! What's wrong with you?” Trevor's angry, incredulous tone breaks through the muddled mess that is my brain, bringing me crashing back to reality as I pull away from Xavier.

“Oh God...” What did I just do? He'd almost killed one of my closest friends, it'd certainly looked like that was what he'd planned on doing and I was thinking about getting naked and sweaty with him? What is wrong with me? He's not even human and I want nothing more than to do the most basic human thing with him. Where the hell had my mind gone?

My head turns towards Trevor and Dunkan where they sit on the ground staring back at me in shocked confusion. Well Trevor is anyway, Dunkan looks like he's about to lose consciousness any minute now. “Are you done snacking on the psycho now or do we need to give you two some alone time?” The bitter undertone in his almost dead voice, suddenly reminds me that only three days ago I'd told him that I wouldn't go to the dance with him because I wasn't interested in getting involved with anyone right now.