Final Episode - For Eternity

《...》

《Miss Wright, can you hear me?》

Suddenly, Ackroyd's voice brought you back to real life and you answered him with a smile to see that he was worried about your condition too.

Inside you, you were like a beast about to break its chains and imagining a possible encounter with the vampire doctor, or with your Creator, made your heart beat rapidly...still, you managed to disguise your true nature perfectly.

《...Dr. Ackroyd, how is he now?》  You asked with absolute sweetness despite the difficult moment.

《Well, he seems to be doing better, but it will take time for the wound to heal completely. The stitches will keep it closed until then, but he will have to refrain from getting out of bed frequently not to make it worse again. For anything, please call us without problem.》

Ackroyd had said "us" but it was obvious he meant "me", it was unbearable when Strickland thought he was taking control of the situation. You saw that frustration in his eyes and smiled slightly before nodding to what he said and thanking them for their hard work.

The dawn was near and you didn't have time to rest or hide. Now that you were alone again, you knelt in front of the bed and brought the back of his hand to your face...he was weak and cold, but you could still feel his blood moving regularly inside his body.

Then, you tried calling him.

《Geoffrey...?》

But his eyes didn't open. He had to sleep very deeply to not even be able to hear you.

You left a kiss on his hand, so rough and manly, just like he generally was and leaned with your elbows on the mattress.

《Please, wake up soon...》

You said softly right before squint your shiny eyes, but watching over the one you considered the most important man to you now.

* * *

You open your eyes before the sunlight lit up the London sky. Of course, your windows were blacked out to prevent it from coming in your room, but now that McCullum was sleeping in your bed, you decided to remove the black paper. That way, the light would have given him the warmth you didn't have.

His expression seemed more relaxed, maybe because the bruises bothering him less than earlier.
Before the light separated you from him, you leaned towards his body, moving a few tangled strands of your hair from your face...inside you, you felt the need to give him a kiss, but something stopped you.

A violent thirst hit you suddenly and the smell he emanated made it difficult for you to hold back. However, you managed to move as far away as you could by hiding in a corner of the room.

The panic increased when you realized that your blood supply was finished; generally, you had always been able to resist, despite the small dose you could afford to keep from going insane, but now that there was an "abundant stock" lying right over there, the monster inside you wanted to drain him instantly.

《I...I cannot do it, not to him!!》  You screamed at that inner voice as your claws clung to your head.

You stayed there, crouched between two tables and under the windows. At that moment, you were hoping Geoffrey didn't wake up to not see you in that state, because you didn't want him to hate you again.

Then? What would you have done once you got over this? It was obvious was going to happen again, stronger than before, so that you wouldn't have been able to control yourself anymore...and you couldn't let that happen, or you would have risked harming the people you cared about.