Episode 3 - Realization

Now you knew there was someone who was going to hunt you...the fact that Priwen's Guard had been around for many years and never heard of, it was proof of how many other people had ignored existence of vampires believing they were simple horror characters, from some strange prototype novel...but unfortunately they weren't.

After that night, you thought it was unsafe to go out into town because of them.
However, you couldn't ignore that you had to feed yourself; you could have drunk the blood of dying patients, taken advantage of those defenseless to quench your thirst...but it was Jonathan Reid's act that changed your mind.

When he got back to the hospital, you had already concluded your meeting with Dr. Swansea. A strong smell, and a strong murmur, caught your attention and, from the stairs, you looked out to see some nurses rush a person into the surgery room. Along with them, there was also Dr. Reid.

You waited for the operation to finish and for the door to open again, but it didn't. You were afraid that the doctor had carried out a carnage but, fortunately, he did nothing.
When he walked out, he met you right in the middle of the hall.

《Forgive me for waiting, Miss Wright, but I had to deal with a very serious patient, as you have certainly noticed...》  His manners were kind, but you couldn't hide your discomfort.

《...is there something tormenting you?》  He asked getting closer to you.

《Indeed, yes. How did you manage to...hold back? I can still smell that on you and, despite everything, it doesn't move you...how do you do that?》

Being a vampire, the question was more than reasonable, but Jonathan smiled before answering you.

《I want to tell you something, Miss Wright. Not long ago, when I became a vampire, I was asking myself the same question, how could I live with this dark side of mine, without hurting anyone...well, I found the answer in my skills as a doctor.》

You had no words.
《I admire you, Dr. Reid, but, right now, I still feel lost and even if I try to behave as if nothing had happened, it seems almost impossible...I cannot accept that I have suffered such a sentence!》

You looked away, so as not to be seen in that state.

《I understand you perfectly, but you must try to keep your mind clear, so you can face and overcome this difficult moment.》

He took your hand and held it out in front of his lips. 

《When I met you for the first time, I immediately realized that you were a different girl from the others...intelligent, as well as beautiful...please don't lose this peculiarity of yours, Miss Wright.》  He concluded with an elegant hand kiss.

When he let you go, you stood there in the middle of the corridor, thinking about those things.

《Could I really continue to be myself as always?》

It was just before dawn and you preferred to rest to let thoughts take place in your head.

* * *

The next night, you found a package on the work table. You remembered perfectly well that it wasn't there before.
When you opened it, you found a long black dress.