Chapter 6 - Battle

In the Yuling corridor, Takatsukasa firmly grasped Jianxue's hand.

       " I'll go with you."

       " Um?" She looked back at him. He looked away with embarrassment.

       " I mean... if you are afraid because of what happened last time, then I will stay by your side until you are not afraid." He smiled sincerely and tenderly.

       She was the first person to treat him as a "person," not a candidate for the Principle Husband, nor a son from the top families, but the simple and true Taka Takatsukasa.

       His heart was beating with her gaze, and the heat passed up by holding her hand tightly, making his cheeks stained red.

       He knew she had a special place in his heart, but he never thought he would love her so much.

       Her smile, her simplicity and gentleness, and even the coldness and cruelty she forced to pretend affected his heart all the time.

       He wanted to protect her, blocking all the darkness for her, until forever.

       " Um, thank you." Her tense thoughts from fear unknowingly relaxed.

       " Oh."

       He looked at the girl following closely, being more confirmed of his mind.

       The sky gradually became beautiful orange-red. Jianxue's fear towards Ooku faded away somehow. At this moment, she was heading towards the Room of Sunflower and saw Natsu was leaning back against the door.

       " You're finally back, 'General.'" Seeming to wait for her arrival, he smiled slightly.

       " What's the matter?" Indifferent and distant voice outflew from her mouth.

       " Tonight, don't eat anything anyone brings you." He deliberately lowered his voice, but every word passed in Jianxue's ears.

       " What's wrong?" Feeling something was wrong, she asked, but Natsu grabbed her neckline.

       " Promise me, you won't eat." She saw a flash of anxiety in his cold eyes.

       "... Okay."

       " That's right."

       At this moment, he lost the calm he often had when ridiculing and threatening her, but the panic was caught weak by someone. Natsu quietly looked at her for a while then left, leaving her still confused.

       What's wrong?

       " I finished copying all the scriptures." When Jianxue was returning to her room, Takatsukasa came to the study, handing a stack of scriptures to Kasuga.

       " If you have learned the lesson, don't miss the tea party without authorization in the future."

       " I will think about that."

       " Master Kasuga." The door opened, and Inaba stepped in the room: " We have strengthened the defense."

       " Defense? What's wrong?" Hearing the two's conversation, Takatsukasa stopped his step that was about the leave.

       " It's something about Master Iemitsu." Kasuga raised his eyes.

       " About 'Iemitsu?'"

       " There seem to be suspect movements in the castle."

       " Does that mean someone wants to assassinate Iemitsu?" His facial expression was especially imposing.